ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused questions when applying CSEP for 2nd time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Confused questions when applying CSEP for 2nd time

Post by mmssaa » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi there,
Background:
  • I am a foreign national holding Critical Skills Employment Permit holder and I came to Ireland a few months back for the first time.
  • My visa is due to expire in a few months as I joined my employment late and hence I am in a situation to apply for a new critical skills employment permit
I am currently filling the online application form, can you please let me know what should I fill for the below questions in the online application:
1) Dept. No.
This question is under the GNIB card details section. I do not see this on my IRP card

2) Has the Foreign National sought permission to land in the State on a previous occasion?.
Options are given: Yes or No.
The 'previously' word on the question confuses me here. As I said above, I came to Ireland a few months back for the first time using the visa I got from the Critical Skills Employment Permit. Should I enter Yes or No?

3) Has the Foreign National been employed in the State previously?
Options are given: Yes or No.
The 'previously' word on the question confuses me here again. There is already a question called "Is the Foreign National currently employed in the State" for which I am going to say "YES".

4) Proposed Start Date
I am already working for my employer. Not sure what should I enter here

Many thanks in advance.

mmssaa
India

Re: Confused questions when applying CSEP for 2nd time

Post by mmssaa » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Anybody please reply to this.

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Confused questions when applying CSEP for 2nd time

Post by kupuser » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi,

From my experience;

1) Dept. No: This used to be in the old version of GNIB card. I couldn't find it on the current IRP card so I had put in the "person ID" number taken from my correspondence with INIS. It is found on the top right of the letter issued by INIS. It may not be the right thing to do but this is what I had submitted.

2) Has the Foreign National sought permission to land in the State on a previous occasion?.: Yes should be the answer here. I was also in the state when I applied.

3) Has the Foreign National been employed in the State previously?: Yes should be the answer

4) Proposed Start Date: I was also working within the same company but I had put in a future date (calculating the estimated time it takes to process the application and added that to the application submission date). The reason being is my previous work was before the permit and I treated this question as starting work "after" I get my permit. For this purpose I had asked my company to issue me with a "provisional contract" setting the relevant date as start date.

I hope this helps. As mentioned above this is what I had done (not necessarily best practice) and I received my permit.