ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB test in India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Prem

TB test in India

Post by Prem » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 pm

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a requirement to provide a TB certificate when making an application for a settlement visa in India.

Anyone have any recent experiences?

Thanks

Prem

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi, my husband is in India waiting for his visa to be issued and although they need a medical they do not need to be tested for TB.
Thye usually do a medical when the visa is being issued and not when applying.

Prem

Post by Prem » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks Lesley, found on the net that on arrival in the Uk, they do a medical i.e chest x-ray - so if your husband wants to save a bit of time, might be a good idea to get one done before hand and carry the certifacte with him.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Yes thanks Prem, we had gathered that that might be the case.Do you know if they can go anywhere and get it done????
and have they stopped doing it the day you collect your visa???? they use to send you off to get it done and then issue the visa in the afternoon.
Thanks.

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi..even i would like to know how long it takes to get the medical done..in the past i heard you had to wait a couple of weeks to get it done....but if its done on the same day they issue the visa..then its better..saves time.

lesley when did your husband apply for his settlement visa?

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi, he applied back in January (17th) had to go for interview which was 28th march unfortunately was refused so waited till 19th September for hearing which was successful!!now just waiting to be given a letter to collect visa.All this done in Jalhandar and New Delhi.

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:24 pm

woo that is a long process...so how long has it been since you've been away from your husband?..hope he gets the visa soon so you two can be together forever and start your married life..

its been over six weeks since my husband applied..so hoping and praying this coming week will be a good one..we also applied at Jalandhar....