ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to submit my original Indina passport as part of the naturalisation process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cssprashant
India

Do I need to submit my original Indina passport as part of the naturalisation process

Post by cssprashant » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:51 pm

I am filling out the online application for naturalisation and have the following questions :-

1) Please can I check if at any stage of the naturalisation certificate procedure do I need to keep my Indian passport or BRP submitted with UKVACS. So I can travel abroad while I wait for the naturalisation process to conclude.

2) Also do copies of any documents need to be submitted during the online submission.[/list]

My understanding is that I only need to upload copies of the various documents but don't need to submit any original documents. The maximum that could happen is I could be asked to verify my documents during the biometric enrollment but don't need to keep any document submitted.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Cheers,
Prashant

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Do I need to submit my original Indina passport as part of the naturalisation process

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 pm

All documents are scanned and uploaded - including passport and BRP - you will only have to present your passport during the appointment but it will be returned to you. So answer is YES and YES.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cssprashant
India

Re: Do I need to submit my original Indina passport as part of the naturalisation process

Post by cssprashant » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Brilliant thanks @alterhase.

Couple of follow-up questions :-
1) I will need to upload the documents on the UKVACS site aftter submitting the application (which is when I create the document) and before I go for the biometric appointment. right ?

2) My 2 refrences are both British one is my ex-boss and another is a friend and both of them have known me for more that 3 years. Hope that is fine.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:34 pm

1. correct
2. as long as they qualify - one must be a professional.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks a lot.

Just a clarification "Professional" is someone who is employed rt ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm

Refer to the explanations of the form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
"Professional" has a specific meaning such as an Accountant registered with an accounting body, a lawyer, religious minister, or anyone else on the list of accepted professions: https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf (note this is from the Isle of Man, they do however follow the UK requirements).

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:21 am

Great thanks sorted.

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:54 pm

Just a quick question I have now submitted the biometrics.

I believe the next steps are:-
1) Recieve approval letter
2) Citizenship summary

I would appreciate it if you can help me with the following queries:-
1) Once I receive the approval letter I need to schedule the citizenship ceremony within 6 months, right? =>https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies

2) Once the citizenship ceremony my understanding is I would need to surrender the BRP within 5 days and hence would need to apply for the passport which takes up to 3-4 weeks in terms of the process and receiving the British passport during which I obviously can't travel.

Thanks,
Prashant