ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1 to Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Stamp 1 to Stamp 4

Post by kupuser » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi,

I have applied a renewal of stamp 1 to stamp 4 based on obtaining stamp 4 support letter after working on CSEP for more than 21 months. In the past before getting my CSEP and stamp 1 I used to have stamp 4 EU Fam and department of justice had revoked it alleging that my marriage was not genuine. Later the repatriation division had granted me stamp 1 for 6 months to enable me to apply for a work permit as a result of my section 3 application. After getting the permit when I informed the repatriation division they wrote a letter saying going forward I should appear directly at GNIB with my permit for the renewal of my stamp 1. Would this history have an impact on my application stated above (stamp 1 to stamp 4)?

I had read the terms and conditions of obtaining Stamp 4 include clean criminal and immigration record. Would my past record (before current permission) come into play here or will I be judged based on me following my stamp 1 and CSEP conditions alone?

If it is refused what alternative route would be available?

Thanks

raj1936
Newly Registered
India

Re: Stamp 1 to Stamp 4

Post by raj1936 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi @kupusur, I believe you should not have any issues in obtaining stamp4 since your permission has already been granted by the repatriation dept, who normally reviews your history before approving stamp1 so I am not seeing any hassle in getting stamp4.
I got a quick question, how long repatriation dept took to grant you stamp1 when your permission was revoked?
thanks a lot

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Thanks raj1936,

They took around 1.5 years in total. I kept sending them my educational and other progress in the state after every 6 months. I had heard that they take less time in making a decision if you request a stamp 1 to apply a work permit (which I did in my submission).

raj1936
Newly Registered
India

Post by raj1936 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:16 pm

thanks, @kupusar for the info.
I am in a similar situation, the only difference is that I applied for CSEP while my case was forwarded to rept dept back in May. then I applied for a work permit while my temp was still valid. I have reached to them a few times in the last few months. I currently have no stamp and therefore can't travel out of state.
Any advice on what will be the next step for me since you experienced the same situation and understand my frustration with the delay on this matter.
Thanks so much in advance.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:10 pm

Is your CSEP application under process or concluded?

If you manage to get CSEP then your case will be very easy as repatriation division will likely issue you a stamp 1.

If it gets refused as a result of you not having permission you might write to or email repatriation division with your qualification and experience evidence and a potential job offer on headed paper asking them to give you at least stamp 1 to apply for CSEP.