ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation by Association / Extenuating Circumstances

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

creativityyinka100
Newly Registered

Naturalisation by Association / Extenuating Circumstances

Post by creativityyinka100 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:41 am

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if I qualify for Irish Naturalisation by Association. I'm Natualised British Citizen who reside in the UK but the dream is to live in Ireland at some point in the foreseeable future. My Sister - sibling, her husband are Naturalised Irish citizens with over 19 years residence in Ireland and my nieces are Born Irish Citizens. I was diagnosed with Psychosis in 2015, a mental health condition where one hears voices and hallucinate. My psychiatrist and other health professionals are in UK at the moment. Do I stand a chance of being granted Naturalisation by association based on this extenuating circumstances of mine?
Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalisation by Association / Extenuating Circumstances

Post by littlerr » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:46 am

There is no zero natural Irish association from your ancestry. So no.
Even if your ancestry (namely your parents or grandparents) has Irish association, you will need to live in Ireland for at least three years in order to be considered.

Dub23
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation by Association / Extenuating Circumstances

Post by Dub23 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:08 am

Why do you want Irish Citizenship?

As a British Citizen you live freely in Ireland. Ireland and UK has had this "special" arrangement for decades. It is called the Common Travel Area (CTA), look it up. It means Irish Citizens can live and work in the UK freely and so can British Citizens work and live freely in Ireland which means you don't need Irish Citizenship.

creativityyinka100 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:41 am
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if I qualify for Irish Naturalisation by Association. I'm Natualised British Citizen who reside in the UK but the dream is to live in Ireland at some point in the foreseeable future. My Sister - sibling, her husband are Naturalised Irish citizens with over 19 years residence in Ireland and my nieces are Born Irish Citizens. I was diagnosed with Psychosis in 2015, a mental health condition where one hears voices and hallucinate. My psychiatrist and other health professionals are in UK at the moment. Do I stand a chance of being granted Naturalisation by association based on this extenuating circumstances of mine?
Thanks