ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why do some get an application number and some not?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nala2021
Greece

Why do some get an application number and some not?

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi all,

I have been looking through the 2021 timelines, and since I am not able to start a conversation there about this, I am starting a new thread.

Why is it that some applicants receive their passport back with an application number, and a receipt and so on, and some only get the passport back on its own with no additional information?

Do people find that this always the case throughout the years, or is this more of a pattern in the 2021 applications?

And I suppose, if one does not get an application number and a receipt of payment with the return of their passports, what is there then left to do in order to get this info?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Why do some get an application number and some not?

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm

It is a common practice in the past few years. Nothing to worry about.

It depends on INIS's capacity and the backlog. Normally, you should receive the passport back along with the application number.

However, from time to time, whenever the backlog becomes too big, they will simply scan your passport into the system and then return the passport without actually processing the application. This speeds up the first step so applicants can get their passports back sooner. This is when you will receive your passport back without an application number. An application number will be provided at a later stage when they have more capacity.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:36 pm
Hi all,

I have been looking through the 2021 timelines, and since I am not able to start a conversation there about this, I am starting a new thread.

This is a third general naturalisation related topic that you have created.

ireland/what-happens-in-case-you-don-t- ... l#p2043460
ireland/why-do-some-get-an-application- ... l#p2043459
ireland/ecris-certificate-has-anyone-ev ... l#p2040618

All of these questions are generic. You could have simply added them into your first topic instead of opening a new topic each time.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Vorona wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm
Nala2021 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:36 pm
Hi all,

This is a third general naturalisation related topic that you have created.

ireland/what-happens-in-case-you-don-t- ... l#p2043460
ireland/why-do-some-get-an-application- ... l#p2043459
ireland/ecris-certificate-has-anyone-ev ... l#p2040618

All of these questions are generic. You could have simply added them into your first topic instead of opening a new topic each time.
If you are using the word 'generic' in the sense that my questions may provoke answers that are a broad description of something(s) or events, then you are right. Nevertheless, these 'generic' questions are important to come up, as they bring about information regarding many issues. Naturally, as there are different applicants in different years, one should expect that questions and answers may be repeated, recycled and so on. A place to share information is not necessarily about sharing facts only, and asking yes/no questions.

Concerning the making of new threads, it is unreasonable to expect someone to foresee into the future regarding what questions they may have. The particular threads all take on different topics: international vetting, what happens if one misses a call from the department for the return of passports, and lastly, why do some passports return with an application number and receipt and some don't.

If individuals and visitors to the forum do not answer and make a thread active, then it will just die off anyway.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm
It is a common practice in the past few years. Nothing to worry about.

It depends on INIS's capacity and the backlog. Normally, you should receive the passport back along with the application number.

However, from time to time, whenever the backlog becomes too big, they will simply scan your passport into the system and then return the passport without actually processing the application. This speeds up the first step so applicants can get their passports back sooner. This is when you will receive your passport back without an application number. An application number will be provided at a later stage when they have more capacity.
Thank you for taking the time to explain all that, I really appreciate it.