ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for 1G outside of ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SAFFAinIre
Newly Registered
South Africa

Can I apply for work permit and a stamp 1G at the same time?

Post by SAFFAinIre » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:33 pm

Hi all.

My job is applying for a work permit for me, but I’ve just come off studying my masters and I’m eligible for a 1G visa. Should I apply for my 1G even though my work permit is currently being processed? Will I jeopardize my chances of getting either?

The work permit processing times are extensive and I’m wondering if applying for a 1G could expedite the process since I will have right to work. I’m from South Africa btw

Any help would be appreciated

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Can I apply for work permit and a stamp 1G at the same time?

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:44 pm

You can and you should.

They belong to different departments and either application will neither jeopardise nor help the other.

SAFFAinIre
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SAFFAinIre » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Great! Thank you very much. Do you know the current processing time for the stamp 1G. My intention is to apply online? Will this be seen as a renewal? It will be from stamp 2 to stamp 1G.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:35 pm

My 1G took awhile, from 29 Sept to 8 Nov, received it in the mail about a week later. It is done online like a renewal.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:24 pm

If you live in Dublin, have been registered with INIS previously and you are not changing your passport, then regardless of what Stamp you are changing to, it is always done online via the online renewal.

The only caveat is that obviously Stamp 1G would cost you 300 euro. Once you get your work permit and apply for a Stamp 1, that’s another 300 euro, so you may want to save that until right before your current permission expires. All permissions are extended to mid January next year, so if you are confident you can get your permit before that, you may not need to get a Stamp 1G.

Of course if you just want some peace of mind, then getting Stamp 1G is the best way while waiting for your permit.

SAFFAinIre
Newly Registered
South Africa

Applying for 1G outside of ireland

Post by SAFFAinIre » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi all

I would like to apply for my 1G visa. My stamp 2 permission expired on September 30th. I’m currently outside of ireland and left because of family issues related to COVID. Should I book an appointment in Dublin and then fly in to get it renewed? The online portal is not allowing my to renew online and will not give me the option to pay.

I also have an employment permit that has been applied for but the black log means that I might only get the permission in a few months (applied on 1 oct 2021). My intention of getting the 1G is to be back in the country with my friends and boyfriend and to begin working.

Any advice on what to do?