ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Travel Insurance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newbie22
Newly Registered

Visitor Travel Insurance

Post by newbie22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi,

My parents are planning to visit us for a few months from India. Could anybody suggest the best way to get travel insurance for them? Should it be taken from India or UK? They are over 65. Any idea about the premium for 5/6 months?

John

Post by John » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:28 pm

It should be bought in their country.
John

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Because if they arrive without it there is the chance they will be turned around and put back on the next flight.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Could anybody suggest the best way to get travel insurance for them? Should it be taken from India or UK? They are over 65. Any idea about the premium for 5/6 months?
It costs around 5 to 10 grand (in Indian rupees), I reckon. It depends on the level of cover your parents require , age and health condition. I hear Tata AIG offers a good deal.