ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children registration for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranasaad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Children registration for citizenship

Post by ranasaad » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Dear all ,
It is my first post and I would appreciate your help . I came to UK with my husband and 4 kids in 2015 . We came on a tier 2 general visa and after 5 years me and my husband got our ILR then our citizenship this year . Kids still on dependent visa . I would like to know if kids can register for citizenship now or ILR first ?? I knew from a colleague at work who had same exact situation that he applied for his son to get citizenship without applying for ILR first and citizenship was granted .

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Children registration for citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR first. You should have applied for them when you did.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Children born abroad are expected to have ILR before registering as British citizens, unless there are strong compelling compassionate circumstances.

Also see this thread that discusses the same question.

If you apply for registration directly and are refused because the children do not have ILR, the fees are not refunded. So you will have to effectively pay for one ILR and two registrations per child.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Also, have you registered a second username to ask the same question again, both usernames posting from the same static IP address? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum.

member/Islammubark/

british-citizenship/children-citizenshi ... l#p2043579
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranasaad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ranasaad » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:38 pm

we could not pay for the all the ILR then and even now is too expensive for us . also , I only registered with my email because my husband did not want to discuss this issue anymore and proceed with the ILR applications anyway . I wanted him to ask if the fact that one of my children is autistic would make a difference to this child's citizenship application or even the rest of his brothers . He did not want to discuss this but I wanted to check though . thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:42 pm

I wanted him to ask if the fact that one of my children is autistic would make a difference to this child's citizenship application or even the rest of his brothers
This is completely irrelevant to an ILR or citizenship application. There is no shortcut route for any of your children born abroad. They require ILR first.

Please read the forum rules regarding multiple usernames. We are all unpaid volunteers on the forum and it is unfair to members who offer advice for multiple users to post the same questions under different names.

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)