ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent visa extension, main applicant got ILR recently.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xpramat
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent visa extension, main applicant got ILR recently.

Post by xpramat » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:33 pm

I have recently got my ILR (1 week ago) after being on skilled worker visa for 5 years.
My partner who is currently on my PBS dependent visa has to renew her visa before 2nd Feb as she has only completed 2 years 8 months on PBS dependent visa.

I have below questions to clarify please :
1. Can she still continue to extend her visa in the same category (PBS dependent), although my skilled worker visa does not exist anymore (it’s now converted to ILR)?

2. Is this the correct link to extend the PBS dependent visa ? https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

3. If the above is Yes, then on the renewal for, under eligibility section they ask for the visa category of the main application(me) and it does not show ILR as as option. Can we still select “Skilled Worker” as the category?

Was your spouse or partner in the UK when they applied? - Yes
What visa have they applied for? Skilled worker

4. Under the “Partner application details” section, they ask my CoS details below. But my CoS is no longer valid as I have converted to ILR, what should we enter below (more than 3 years or under 3 years) ?

What time period does Mr ABC's(me) Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) cover?

5. Do we need to provide the CoS as a supporting document with my partner’s application ?

6. We haven’t made the payments yet, so cannot see the supporting documents they will be asking for in this category. Any guidance on what supporting documents we may need to submit with the application form?

Shridhar26
India

Re: PBS Dependent visa extension, main applicant got ILR recently.

Post by Shridhar26 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi xpramat, I am also in same situation now. I have exactly same queries. If your visa is succeeded, could you please respond what exactly you filled for your queries.