ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HURREE my husband overstayer coming back a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

buhle
Newly Registered

HURREE my husband overstayer coming back a spouse visa

Post by buhle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:47 am

i thank all the members of this discuss board.i got so many ideas when my husband was preparing to submit the spouse application visa.he overstayed for 2 years and he went back home and got married within 4 weeks hw got his visa :lol: :lol:

scorpiolady

Post by scorpiolady » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Congratulations!!
Scorpiolady

beauty66
Newly Registered

Post by beauty66 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 pm

Wow... congrats! May I ask how did he do to get back here. On his passport did it not say that he overstayed? He went back and then applied to come back as a spouse. Did the British Emb ask him if he lived in the UK before? Can you tell us the procedures what he did to come back to the uk pls. I got friends with similar situation (overstayers) they still live in London illegally and they have partners too. But they believe that they can't get married in London. If they go back would they be allowed to come back again? Plz help!!!Thanks.

buhle
Newly Registered

HIE BEAUTY66

Post by buhle » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:52 pm

hie, iam so happy my hubby will be joining me this month.Okay we said the truth on the application form and he wrote his history while he was in uk and mentioned that he overstayed for 2 years after he was rejected to extended his student visa date and year. we sent all the supporting documents,inc my 6months payslips,p60, work contract,letter from solicitors supporting our application,my emails since 2005 when i first meet my hubby, printed text msgs until the date of submission,cards,calling cards, weddg photos,marriage cert,my passport copy, tennacy aggreement, the letter from my landlord who is my friend, my letter stating our relationship and the reason why we could not marry in uk, he also included ISA151 form which he was given at heathrow when going back and was told to produce it when he plans to return back to uk.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Help regarding Dependant

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi,

I need to ask few questions related to my dependants, My wife is here on student visa and daughter is her dependant.
We got married in 2006 and since then we both were on student visa.
After having my degree i switched my student visa to IGS and now finally I am on Tier 1 General just approved for 3 years.

As far as my understanding about applying my wife and my daughter as my dependant they need to go back and seek
entry clearance from back home(Pakistan).

1) I need to ask as my wife and my daughter are living with me and the tenancy agreement is also in my and mrs name,
is this a problem?
2) Can anyone tell me about the procedure please about the bank statements, 7 days Rule apply also on dependent or not?
3) Do i need to send her documents related to the course she was registered and studied?

Please if you can you guide me as my wife is leaving in 5 days and also if this is a duplicated post then provide me with the reference.

Thanks in advance,
AZ

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:27 pm

beauty66 wrote:Wow... congrats! May I ask how did he do to get back here. On his passport did it not say that he overstayed? He went back and then applied to come back as a spouse. Did the British Emb ask him if he lived in the UK before? Can you tell us the procedures what he did to come back to the uk pls. I got friends with similar situation (overstayers) they still live in London illegally and they have partners too. But they believe that they can't get married in London. If they go back would they be allowed to come back again? Plz help!!!Thanks.

Overstayers can apply to get married in the UK following a recent High Court ruling.

OUt of interest, why didn't your friends take advantage of the 1 October concession to return home and re-apply for entry clearance?
Oh, the drama...!