ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a first time passport as naturalized citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered
Ireland

Applying for a first time passport as naturalized citizen

Post by 313 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:02 pm

Hello,
I want to apply for first time Irish passport after I received my naturalization certificate today. I am a refugee so I do not have a previous passport. When I go in to the passport online one of the questions is what happened to your most recent passport, example expired, lost, full or damaged, and none of these apply to me. What should I pick as an answer or do?
Thanks

ailA2019
Ireland

Re: Applying for a first time passport as naturalized citizen

Post by ailA2019 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:53 pm

313 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:02 pm
Hello,
I want to apply for first time Irish passport after I received my naturalization certificate today. I am a refugee so I do not have a previous passport. When I go in to the passport online one of the questions is what happened to your most recent passport, example expired, lost, full or damaged, and none of these apply to me. What should I pick as an answer or do?
Thanks
if you do not have any suitable documents, you will have to arrange an interview with staff at the Passport Office in Dublin or Cork. they are available through the phone and webchat services from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.

Moh25ah
Ireland

Re: Applying for a first time passport as naturalized citizen

Post by Moh25ah » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:57 am

313 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:02 pm
Hello,
Thanks
You send the letter from the Department of Justice that showed your refugee status.
this letter known as the (Minster letter or the Refugee approval letter)

Few people sent this as a replacement of their home passports and it worked