ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAINTENANCE---HSBC(UK)----------APPLYING IN INDIA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

venky72
Newly Registered

MAINTENANCE---HSBC(UK)----------APPLYING IN INDIA

Post by venky72 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:02 pm

hi
i would like to give an advice to those people who are going to apply in INDIA or other than UK .regarding the 7 day rule of maintenance requirement, if you are applying with HSBC(UK) statements you can request them in the branch to give a temporary statement as it contains all the necessary information except address.my application was successful with the temporary statement.all the best.
--------venky

george_j
Newly Registered

Post by george_j » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi

If i understood correctly, did you mean a person who has a bank account in UK can request for bank statements from a HSBC bank in India to issue temporary statements?

Thanks
George

venky72
Newly Registered

maintenance query

Post by venky72 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:30 pm

no.i mean if you don't have the very latest staement that satisfy 7 day rule , then you can request the statement within the UK before flying to your home country to apply for the visa.suppose say if you are applying on 23rd of november 2008 in your home country that is outside UK then you must submit the statement that covers till 16th of november 2008(7 day rule) and if you got the statement that covers say till 10th of november, at this point of time(16th of november) you can request them to give a temporary statement that covers till 16th of november, what they will do is that they will give you a print of temporary statement, with that you can apply.i did so and i got thevisa.iam not sure about the other banks but HSBC is giving the temporary statement.

rimonlhq
Newly Registered

Post by rimonlhq » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi, thank you for your post, it's really helpful cos I am going to apply outside of UK as well.
Can i ask do you ask the bank to sign or stamp on the statement?

raovar
Newly Registered

HSBC (UK)

Post by raovar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Even I am going to apply from india on 29th Dec 08 with HSBC bank statements. does this mean i need to get temporary statement as of 22nd Dec 08?.
Thanks

venky72
Newly Registered

about statements

Post by venky72 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:34 pm

hi
no need to get stamped or signed.just ask for the temporary statement in the branch before applying.please ensure to check the statement has got the following requirements.
name of the bank
logo of the bank
sortcode and account number
date of the statement
your name
please note that if you take the statement from the machine in the branch you don't get some of the above mentioned details on the statement, so please ask in the branch to give the temporary statement from their system.

venky72
Newly Registered

about 7 day rule

Post by venky72 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 pm

hi
i think recently they changed that 7day rule.now they are allowing one month, so that means the statements should not be older than one month of the applying date.please do check in ukvisas site in your home country for up to date information.

Markie

Re: HSBC (UK)

Post by Markie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:16 pm

check the updated rule for maintenance funds (bank statements)
raovar wrote:Even I am going to apply from india on 29th Dec 08 with HSBC bank statements. does this mean i need to get temporary statement as of 22nd Dec 08?.
Thanks

raovar
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by raovar » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks a lot Markie for the information.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks

Post by push » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:31 am

raovar wrote:Thanks a lot Markie for the information.
The rule now says:

To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period