ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application - Good character query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepakseshan
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application - Good character query

Post by deepakseshan » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:10 pm

Hello Expertise,
I have a query regarding the british citizenship application as i am in the process of filling the form.
Query:-
Do i require to include the "attachment of earnings", a fine(£270) detected from my earnings which was an outcome of a court order(magistrate). This happened August 2017.

History of fine:-
This is a fine from DVLA issued as i was not insured the vehicle(which i was not driving) where the reminder letters and fine(because i have not responded) went to my old address as i am not aware of. i got realised and noticed about the fine only when i see that money been detected from my monthly pay check August 2017.
This fine has not reflected in my credit report.

Kindly can you advise regarding adding the attachemnt of earning fine in my British citizenship application as it has happen more than four years back. i do not have any details or evidence of the fine.

Many thanks,
Deepak

Hasan1983
Sudan

Re: British Citizenship Application - Good character query

Post by Hasan1983 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 am

As far as I know it will never be a problem however you should declare this quite clearly in your application. Me my myself have had a DVLA fine in 2020 for no insurance I paid it straightforwardly and declared it in my application with no evidence of payment provided and luckily got my approval in exactly 6 months. Mention it and that would be sufficient to the case worker as a sign of integrity of your character given all others aspects are well explaining that. 😉

deepakseshan
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship Application - Good character query

Post by deepakseshan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:01 pm

Hello Hasan,
Thank you very much for the feedback. indeed I am intending to mention it.
Which part of the issue should I mention and also sufficient enough for fullfilling the honesty ?
1) THe DVLA fine or
2) THe DVLA fine escaleted to the Court and money deducted as Attachment of earnings or
3)should I mention both 1) and 2) from above.

KIndly shed your thought. (I do not have any proof for this fine.)

Kind Regards,
Deepak