ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have not received my reference number after 3 months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alan1973
Ireland

I have not received my reference number after 3 months

Post by alan1973 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:05 am

Hi
I applied my irish citizenship by 5 years residency, sent my application forms on 02/11/2021, received my passport back 1 month later. I was told via phone call that I should get a reference number later, unfortunately there is nothing received since then.
Is it normal? do I need to email them?
Thanks

alan1973
Ireland

Re: I have not received my reference number after 3 months

Post by alan1973 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:15 am

by the way, which email address should I use to chase my reference number?

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:20 am

Have you checked the 2021 timeline, it’s taking around 5 months to get acknowledgment, receipt and reference number. I don’t think you have to do anything, just wait for now.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 am

alan1973 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:05 am
Hi
I applied my irish citizenship by 5 years residency, sent my application forms on 02/11/2021, received my passport back 1 month later. I was told via phone call that I should get a reference number later, unfortunately there is nothing received since then.
Thanks
In the timeline thread, they sent an email to the applicant recently about the letter they sent got returned back to ISD. Applicant said he applied in August 2021, and the letter was sent on January 10th. So with some calculations, we can assume they are processing September 2021 applications nowadays

When you get a letter acknowledging your application, that is when you get your reference number not via email or anyth. And besides that reference number is useless as you won't be using it apart from getting in contact with ISD about your application (which you get no reply or generic reply). You can't track status somewhere or anything.

If you applied in November 2021, then give it 5 months, after you get your acknowledge letter just forget about your application for 1,5 years, but keep checking your postbox of course. But it will be a long time silence from ISD anyways.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:39 am

alan1973 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:15 am
by the way, which email address should I use to chase my reference number?
Don't think you need to. As mentalmind said, citizenship would take a long time (even official timeline for straightforward applications is 23 months, starting from acknowledgement) and there isn't much you can do about it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:47 am

thank you so much for above post, I understand now.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:29 pm

alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Personally, I never heard these events for receiving a reference number before. I have never read here that applicants get a phone call for this. I do not mean to sound that it is weird, but I believe that this perhaps gives you a basis to actually send an email to them and query over your reference number. Perhaps you could also reference the time and date of the phone call, and if you have a name, then this also.

Burzum91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Burzum91 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:15 pm

alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
I have the same story, also applied in Nov, only got passport back, no reference number. There are many people like us who applied at about the same time

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:03 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:29 pm
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Personally, I never heard these events for receiving a reference number before. I have never read here that applicants get a phone call for this. I do not mean to sound that it is weird, but I believe that this perhaps gives you a basis to actually send an email to them and query over your reference number. Perhaps you could also reference the time and date of the phone call, and if you have a name, then this also.
It was a phone call from department of justice to confirm my address. I asked him the process and he replied me that I will receive my passport and a reference number ( acknowlegement number?) very soon, in fact I got my passport only but inside the letter which said I will receive my citizenship application number and fee receipt very soon, unfortunately that's not true, I am still waiting .

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:05 am

Just wait till 2nd of April 2022 and if you still don't get it, then you can panic, otherwise it's all good.

Lemkunia
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Lemkunia » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:44 am

alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks

I send my application on 05/10/2021, received my passport back 1 months and 3 weeks later. I did not receive a reference number yet. If I don't receive it in April, I will contact with them.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:22 pm

Lemkunia wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:44 am
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks

I send my application on 05/10/2021, received my passport back 1 months and 3 weeks later. I did not receive a reference number yet. If I don't receive it in April, I will contact with them.
Well if you use mentalmind's approach above, you would actually need to contact them in March. It's April for the other applicant as he applied early November. Just saying - but each to their own.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:34 am

Well so far still nothing for my application in Nov 2021, my solicitor said she didn’t get anything yet, but with my calculations before, it should be around April 2022 so all good at this point! It’s kind of concerning that no one is giving updates about receiving acknowledgement letter in 2021 timeline thread.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:58 am

mentalmind wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 am
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
In the timeline thread, they sent an email to the applicant recently about the letter they sent got returned back to ISD. Applicant said he applied in August 2021, and the letter was sent on January 10th. So with some calculations, we can assume they are processing September 2021 applications nowadays

When you get a letter acknowledging your application, that is when you get your reference number not via email or anyth. And besides that reference number is useless as you won't be using it apart from getting in contact with ISD about your application (which you get no reply or generic reply). You can't track status somewhere or anything.

If you applied in November 2021, then give it 5 months, after you get your acknowledge letter just forget about your application for 1,5 years, but keep checking your postbox of course. But it will be a long time silence from ISD anyways.

I applied for citizenship for my child in July 2021, i received acknowledgement on his behalf, his passport and my original passport was returned with the acknowledgement letter without a reference number.

Up till now i am yet to receive reference number and receipt of payment of application fees. It's now 7 months and no reference number. I just sent an email to them few days ago and still no response. I am about to report them to the minister directly. It's really unprofessional and horrendous.

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:24 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:58 am
mentalmind wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 am
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks

I applied for citizenship for my child in July 2021, i received acknowledgement on his behalf, his passport and my original passport was returned with the acknowledgement letter without a reference number.

Up till now i am yet to receive reference number and receipt of payment of application fees. It's now 7 months and no reference number. I just sent an email to them few days ago and still no response. I am about to report them to the minister directly. It's really unprofessional and horrendous.
Please update if anything from them.