ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Referees

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

astrogkg@yahoo.com
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application Referees

Post by astrogkg@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Both my referees for the naturalisation are British citizens. Are they obliged to give their passport numbers or they can leave these fields blank in the application form? I tried to find information about that, but didn't manage to find anything definitive!!!!!

Best regards

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Why do they want to keep thier passport numbers secret? If it is going to the Home Office I think they'll kind of already have them and just want to use them for a reference for all the details on thier passports that they issued?! :?

Lol It doesn't really make sense :roll:

astrogkg@yahoo.com
Newly Registered

Post by astrogkg@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Haya,

They don't keep them secret, just they asked me if they have to write them or not. They will. I just wanted to make sure. I just didn't want to be a burden again. Sorry.

[quote="Vanadil"]Why do they want to keep thier passport numbers secret? If it is going to the Home Office I think they'll kind of already have them and just want to use them for a reference for all the details on thier passports that they issued?! :?

Lol It doesn't really make sense :roll:[/quote]

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation Application Referees

Post by djb123 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:46 pm

astrogkg@yahoo.com wrote:Both my referees for the naturalisation are British citizens. Are they obliged to give their passport numbers or they can leave these fields blank in the application form? I tried to find information about that, but didn't manage to find anything definitive!!!!!

Best regards
The guidance says "The other referee must be a holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or aged 25 years or over.". The way I read it was at least one of your referees has to complete their passport number (the one that doesn't have to be a professional person).

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Vanadil wrote:Why do they want to keep thier passport numbers secret? If it is going to the Home Office I think they'll kind of already have them and just want to use them for a reference for all the details on thier passports that they issued?! :?

Lol It doesn't really make sense :roll:
I'd be worried why they are hesitant to put down their number.

sarah08
Newly Registered

Post by sarah08 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Does someone know that a person who is retired can be referee and can an electrician or plumber be professional one?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 am

sarah08 wrote:Does someone know that a person who is retired can be referee and can an electrician or plumber be professional one?
Assuming they are a British passport holder, a retired person can be a referee as they are "aged 25 years or over".

For a electrician or a plumber to be counted as a professional person they would have to have a professional qualification. By professional qualification I mean something on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_pr ... ifications

I guess 'normal' electricians or plumbers would not be eligible. Though if they were a director of their own limited company then they would be.

sarah08
Newly Registered

Post by sarah08 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks DJD123 :)