ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lounes Application and Documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jajko007
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Lounes Application and Documents

Post by Jajko007 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:03 pm

Hi everyone, grateful if someone can advise on my situation:

- Applicant: Non EEA. 10 years in the UK. 6 years on student, 4 years on skilled worker visa. Not on a family permit.
- Sponsor: EEA. 8 years in UK. Exercised treaty rights prior to naturalisation as student and employee. Settled in 2020 via EUSS. Naturalized in 2021.
- Official Cohabitation: 4 years with documents to prove

We have been told I am eligible for Settled Status via Lounes - is this correct?
I understand decision times are very long - do I need to submit my passport or is a BRP fine?

Thank you!

kamoe

Re: Lounes Application and Documents

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:59 am

Jajko007 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:03 pm
We have been told I am eligible for Settled Status via Lounes - is this correct?
No, this is not correct. This is a common misunderstanding.

You might be eligible for pre settled status, but for settled status you need 5 years spent in the UK as the family member of a EU national. Time spent under other UK immigration categories (Student, Work) does NOT count towards the five years needed to Settled Status. See this post.
I understand decision times are very long - do I need to submit my passport or is a BRP fine?
I will let someone knowledgeable on the Lounes route answer this.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.