ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FInance professionals - specailly accountants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

FInance professionals - specailly accountants

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:58 pm

This is not scaring you or grunbling

Please be awaare before coming to uk , there are no jobs in accountancy or are there are very few

dont go on jobsite or agency ads

unless u got a confirm job than u r welcome other wise scenrio is bad ang going to worse by next year

dont leave yr present job / dont borrow money othewise you will loose all yr saving and present job

you have to wait till 1st qtrs of next year a minimum to think to come year

true story - 2 week of job hunting, 2000 job applications, 40 call / meeting with leading agencies buok t not a single interview call-assue person is avaerage with british qualification and british experience.

this is market scene - rest all yr decisions

xen400
Newly Registered

Re: FInance professionals - specailly accountants

Post by xen400 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:57 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote: 2000 job applications,
that's an achievement in itself mate........ you need a break!

Preprem
Newly Registered

Post by Preprem » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:44 am

Thanks for the info. I also would be looking for a job as an accountant. I have not yet applied for the visa (got HSMP approval letter in Sep08).

good luck with your job search.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:04 am

It is the credit crunch... and you're copeting with top laid off talent as well. I suggest you try and find a good recruiter.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:20 pm

1- If you are willing to do a little bit low profile job in your chosen area than 3 - 6 month experience will be helpful to get good job (Even free 6 months job placement). Once you have UK experience than no body can stop you.
2- Think about some UK education (If you are member of some accounting body in your own home country than try to convert it to ACCA, CIMA etc or may be doing some part time course could help)
3- Have you thought outtside London? Try your luck in other relatively unknown cities. Do not apply to every job - quality is better than quantity. Please do not send a standard cv to all jobs - try to make some changes in cv according to job description.

Most important believe in God and believe in you. Best of luck.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:11 am

true story - 2 week of job hunting, 2000 job applications, 40 call / meeting with leading agencies buok t not a single interview call-assume person is average with british qualification and british experience.

larry

Post by larry » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:25 am

British jobs for british people - Gordon Brown, 2007

larry

Post by larry » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:26 am

British job for britisb people - Gordon Brown 2007

balu1983

hi

Post by balu1983 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:04 am

larry ........ As you say...

British job for british people - Gordon Brown, 2007.....

Why UK gov is issueing visas to the people in other countries???
Please justify.

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi sushil,

Have tried outside the London! i can everyday new where they say 1000's of jobs. try to get some job outside london.

Thanks,

Vijay
Sushil-ACCA wrote:This is not scaring you or grunbling

Please be awaare before coming to uk , there are no jobs in accountancy or are there are very few

unless u got a confirm job than u r welcome other wise scenrio is bad ang going to worse by next year

dont leave yr present job / dont borrow money othewise you will loose all yr saving and present job

true story - 2 week of job hunting, 2000 job applications, 40 call / meeting with leading agencies buok t not a single interview call-assue person is avaerage with british qualification and british experience.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks

vinny

market is very very tight

I have small practice of say 8-12k , with job i was fine but now

this is really bad scenario ,

i have started full time practice and hope i will incrase my revenue as my cost are minimum

but still i will survieve but in reality interiors are also badly hit by it

all job hiring are stop

we cant demand lower paid jobs it is in hand of agency to push cv

and agency are now very particular

if you read today news papaer in 1 in every 10 is going to loose job in next 12-18 months

so my advice to accounts and finance please dont risk yr present job unless u have a secure job in uk

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:57 am

I concur. I have just lost job. Have been an MBA. Now I am wondering how my HSMP will be extended?
S

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi,

sorry to hear that from you!

Which company were you working for ?

since how many months are u in uk? because for extension they would consider last 12 months pay details, when an individual is not getting that neither he can apply for Ext or new tier1 visa.

Please plan accordingly.

VJ
saurya_s wrote:I concur. I have just lost job. Have been an MBA. Now I am wondering how my HSMP will be extended?
S

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:28 am

Sushil,
I think you are only scaring ppl here. 2000 applications in 2 weeks?? which is like 200 applications every day. Y R U SO DESPERATE? If you continue in this fashion, you will never get a decent job. You'll only keep annoying the agency guys.

I dont have a british education nor british experience before. I work in a Bank now and my job is being made as Perm, after only 4 months as Contractor. Few candidates hired alongside me were fired due to below average performance.

So, it all depends upon the individual's abilities. There are still many accountancy, banking, Ops, Commerce jobs (from £25k to £60k p.a.) awaiting the right candidate. It's just you are not approaching correctly.

Sorry to say mate, you got pull urself up. Like you said "it's credit crunch" so you got to be even more smarter to stand out & get hired from the rest.

First, correct your spelling mistakes, let's talk about accountancy & jobs later.

Correct yourself before you blame the system.
Sushil-ACCA wrote:This is not scaring you or grunbling

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 am

Rsatish

we are not talking about system but situtation

system is fine, economy seen is not good

as u mentioned others who joined with r fired

i think u r not reading any local papers and job projections

i have just made aware others

xen400
Newly Registered

Post by xen400 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote: true story - 2 week of job hunting, 2000 job applications, 40 call / meeting with leading agencies buok t not a single interview call-assue person is avaerage with british qualification and british experience.

Dude I feel sorry for you, are in in the UK or have you gone back?

If you haven't pack your bags now coz looking at your record you don't stand a chance at all amidst this turmoil coz Gordon Brown himself has said the economic situation is one of the worst and is not likely to improve soon.

Or else people might think that you really are better off this way than you were before you migrated.

Just my 2 cents......

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:51 pm

First, correct your spelling mistakes, let's talk about accountancy & jobs later.
Buddy,Please try to grasp the message..Lets not look at the grammer/spelling of the message,content is more important..

Scene is really bad in UK and i agree with the OP..People need to THINK TWICE before coming to this country with out a job...Cost of living is very high here,with in a month or two all your savings can go away while looking for a job..

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:Rsatish

i think u r not reading any local papers and job projections
i have just made aware others
Incorrect. Think you haven't grasped the situation correctly.

Companies cut only jobs were they are losing money - for eg. clerical work, admin. Jobs like these could be off-shored or performed by fewer staff. So as to save costs.

On the other hand, banks also cut jobs in front office like for eg Securisation desk where traders buy and sell ABS (Assest Backed Securities) because they are currently loss making.

No sane company will make an accountant redundant in these times. In fact they would need make to correctly estimate the losses. Check this out
http://www.spammer.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... ?id=188401

Media only try to make a big hue and cry of the issue - either for sales or political reasons (like Eve Std). Did any HR dept of a company say they don't have any vacancies?? The best way to come out of a recession is to stop talking about it and working more smarter.

Understand what you are good at & study the openings in that area. Try harder and you should succeed.

ranco2000

Post by ranco2000 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Sushil why dont you try getting some work in factories as an operator. I know a samosa making factory which my friend started if you want i will ask him to give you a job.

Best Regards
Sushil-ACCA wrote:true story - 2 week of job hunting, 2000 job applications, 40 call / meeting with leading agencies buok t not a single interview call-assume person is average with british qualification and british experience.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:39 pm

thanks ranco for offer and in good time

I have licence to practice also and aroung 15k is my Practice with some really good bank balance

Now i am putting more effort in developing my practice , where i see my future

posting this thread was to make people aware that job scenes are not good still business are going on , restaurants , factories , banks are worjing but take care before commtting to uk - thats all

thanks again and regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Hello Sushil-ACCA

I read about your 2000 applications in 2 weeks. Did your re-write your CV for each of the posts and manage to tailor a fresh covering letter for each post?

How many pages was your CV?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:52 pm

i got reply and phone interview from almost all agencies

if u r not good or not saleble no agency will call back

but while talking to them i realise that this is year end no company want hire unless it is very emergency

in finance, next years budget will be area where no of positions in finance or new requirements will be provided

my cv is 2.5 page and it is same , if we make 2-3 version of cv it is cause of confusin to us only

i got some tax return work for short period till jan end will take of my finance for at least 6 months

thanks nad regards

ranco2000

Post by ranco2000 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:09 am

You are welcome Sushil. Please upload your CV somwhere with photograph and provide a link on this forum. So everyone will know how their CV should not be if they want to get into a job !
Sushil-ACCA wrote:thanks ranco for offer and in good time

I have licence to practice also and aroung 15k is my Practice with some really good bank balance

Now i am putting more effort in developing my practice , where i see my future

posting this thread was to make people aware that job scenes are not good still business are going on , restaurants , factories , banks are worjing but take care before commtting to uk - thats all

thanks again and regards