ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa but stopped at UK border?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

Spouse visa but stopped at UK border?

Post by ms1993 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:21 am

Hi, this is a slightly lengthy issue so please bear with.
My husband has a UK spouse visa due to expire October 2022 for which we are to apply FLR (M).
On Saturday, we returned from holiday and my husband was stopped at the entry point by the UK border agency. The lady was about to let him through when some thing pinged on the screen and prompted her to not add the entry stamp on his passport. She proceeded to ask him specifically about a visa that was rejected in 2015 and said that ‘his file was incomplete’ and she needed to go to the back office to speak to the relevant team and ask them to update his file. At this moment she gave him an A5 paper which basically said he was stopped and his leave to remain was suspended. The lady said this was simply needed to seat him down and to allow her to check the file. Anyway, she’s gone into the back, unsure of what’s happened there, returned to my husband and said that his file was now complete and he was free to leave as he had a legal right to enter the UK.

Now my only thought is that in 2015, my husband applied for LTR as a student which was rejected but rather than exiting by air, he exited by sea to ROI which is why his passport flagged as incomplete and which is also why the officer asked specifically about the 2015 visa.

It’s strange because when my husband came to the UK on the spouse visa, he wasn’t stopped. He wasn’t stopped when leaving the UK either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I’m concerned we’re due to apply for his FLRm and of course I dont want anything to impact that.

Any suggestions on who i could call to confirm this ‘file is now complete,’?

Thanks in advance,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa but stopped at UK border?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:56 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:21 am
Hi, this is a slightly lengthy issue so please bear with.
My husband has a UK spouse visa due to expire October 2022 for which we are to apply FLR (M).
On Saturday, we returned from holiday and my husband was stopped at the entry point by the UK border agency. The lady was about to let him through when some thing pinged on the screen and prompted her to not add the entry stamp on his passport. She proceeded to ask him specifically about a visa that was rejected in 2015 and said that ‘his file was incomplete’ and she needed to go to the back office to speak to the relevant team and ask them to update his file. At this moment she gave him an A5 paper which basically said he was stopped and his leave to remain was suspended. The lady said this was simply needed to seat him down and to allow her to check the file. Anyway, she’s gone into the back, unsure of what’s happened there, returned to my husband and said that his file was now complete and he was free to leave as he had a legal right to enter the UK.

Now my only thought is that in 2015, my husband applied for LTR as a student which was rejected but rather than exiting by air, he exited by sea to ROI which is why his passport flagged as incomplete and which is also why the officer asked specifically about the 2015 visa.

It’s strange because when my husband came to the UK on the spouse visa, he wasn’t stopped. He wasn’t stopped when leaving the UK either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I’m concerned we’re due to apply for his FLRm and of course I dont want anything to impact that.

Any suggestions on who i could call to confirm this ‘file is now complete,’?

Thanks in advance,
Any matter on file that is incomplete probably now fully updated.
You can request for SAR.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:20 pm

I’m guessing SAR is the only way to access this information, no customer services number or anything like so?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:57 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:20 pm
I’m guessing SAR is the only way to access this information, no customer services number or anything like so?
Customer service personnel are outsourced and most likely will be an effort in futility or long delays with no one providing you pertinent information.
With SAR you will see details of what it likely is.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:57 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:20 pm
Customer service personnel are outsourced and most likely will be an effort in futility or long delays with no one providing you pertinent information.
With SAR you will see details of what it likely is.
Thank you. I’m sure the answer to this is yes but you never know with UKBA. A SAR will not impact future FLRm application will it? I mean we’re simply just asking for access to the file?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:53 am

A SAR will not impact future FLRm application will it?

No.
I mean we’re simply just asking for access to the file?
You are asking for information they hold on you, as you are entitled to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamsi
Mood:

Post by kamsi » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Being stopped shouldn’t be a problem in future as exactly the same thing you’ve narrated happened to me in 2017 when I was returning from the USA.

I had had my visa curtailed in 2016 and was given 2 months to either make a new application in a different immigration category or leave the country. The curtailment was due to having separated from my ex-partner who was my sponsor. After receiving the curtailment letter I applied for leave to remain as the parent of a British citizen child (my new partner is British) and the application was successful. Shortly afterward I went to visit family members in the USA. It was while returning that I was stopped, told to sit down while they go inside to make further inquiries. After the inquiries I was told to go and I’ve traveled out of the country many times after that and I’ve never had any problems. I emailed the Home Office to complain for being stopped as they should have updated their system when I was granted leave to remain as the parent of a British citizen child, they wrote back justifying why they stopped me.

Don’t worry about being stopped, it would not affect you in any way in future.