ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAP answer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

PAP answer

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:13 pm

Dear Gurus,

My wife applied on 20/07/2021 as a spouse of BC, I sent many emails to HO and they answered that the application is under processing, MP contacted them, sent complaints, no updates.. I submitted PAP on 16/03/2022 and the answered:
In relation to the sole ground of challenge regarding the delay in this matter, we would like to point out that naturalisation is not an automatic process.
We have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. As our website explains, although a decision will usually be made within 6 months - some applications can take longer:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... ve-applied
Whilst we aim to deal with cases quickly, this cannot be guaranteed and we cannot naturalise any individual until we are satisfied that all the requirements have been met. The length of time you will have to wait for your application to be decided will not affect your existing rights in the UK.
I would also like to point out that following an unsuccessful challenge in a series of cases heard together by the Administrative Court in June 2007, FH & others v SSHD [2007] EWHC 1571 (Admin). The Judge found, as was accepted by the Defendant, that there is an implicit obligation on the Defendant to decide applications within a reasonable time, but this did not mean ‘speedily’ [§6] and what was reasonable would depend on all the circumstances, including the level of resources available [§11]. In his conclusions, the Judge stated that although he did not condone the delays in those cases (which ranged from one to five years) the delays were not “so excessive as to be for that reason alone unlawful” [§25]. The delay in this case, although regrettable, is not considered to be excessive.
Therefore, we are sorry that it is taking longer than anticipated to process your application, however, I am sure you appreciate it is important that we can take no risks at all with the procedures we have for inviting people to become British citizens, and that it is vital that the United Kingdom takes every possible step to ensure the integrity of our citizenship procedures. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, we will notify you.
However, it is understood that the operational area are already in the process of progressing this application and it is anticipated that a decision will be reached shortly, which should prevent the need for you to commence legal proceedings. This is especially since the delay is not considered to be excessive in any way.

Please advise what shall I do...
I am sure they did not contact any external agencies, if I go to the court, they do not have any evidence that they have correspondences with any external agency within the 6 months.

Please read the last paragraph.

Regards

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: PAP answer

Post by THO » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:28 pm

They state that they are looking at your case, and so why are you still concerned. These things take time, as they explained. I'd worry about it if you get a refusal.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:39 am

Check on the forum and everywhere else they are filled with reports of delays. Applicants go ahead knowing the clause from UKVI HO that delays can go beyond service times.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:43 pm

Dear Gurus,

Is it allowed to report another PAP after two months of the last PAP's answer ?

Thanks