ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 general to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katar
Newly Registered

Tier-2 general to ILR

Post by katar » Thu May 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Hi,

I am on tier-2 general visa and about to apply for ILR, got few queries if anyone can help with

1. If In ILR application for the question "Additional countries you have lived in ILR?"
I understand we need to mention our Birth Country but Do we need to mention ALL the countries we have visited for business, visit or holiday in Life even for a few days to 3-4 month?

If Yes, for above do we need to mention country name multiple time , if we have made multiple business/visit at different time and year?

2. Applying ILR for myself and wife and we have child (UK Born in 2018) , so it is ok if we apply for ILR for myself and wife only and once we get ILR , we can directly apply for citizenship for child?

3. If me and my wife get ILR BRP and Child still hold Old Tier-2 general VISA Dependent BRP (still valid) , will he allowed to travel and Enter back in UK , IF We have NOT started his citizenship application?

4. If me and my wife get ILR BRP and Child still hold Old Tier-2 general VISA Dependent BRP (still valid) , will he allowed to travel and Enter back in UK , IF We have STARTED his citizenship application?

Thanks in advance for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-2 general to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:51 pm

1. It is countries you have LIVED in, not visited

2. Correct

3. Visa remains valid till expiry date, free to travel.

4. Visa remains valid till expiry date, free to travel. Citizenship is not an immigration application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katar
Newly Registered

Post by katar » Thu May 19, 2022 5:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:51 pm
1. It is countries you have LIVED in, not visited

2. Correct

3. Visa remains valid till expiry date, free to travel.

4. Visa remains valid till expiry date, free to travel. Citizenship is not an immigration application.
Thanks you very much for your quick response

Another question on "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?"
question on application,
do we need to mention 1 to 4 week holiday or family visit made out of UK in last 5 year?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:13 pm

The question is quite clear asking for ANY absence from the uk during the qualifying period. Absence is absence and all absence count
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katar
Newly Registered

Post by katar » Thu May 19, 2022 8:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:13 pm
The question is quite clear asking for ANY absence from the uk during the qualifying period. Absence is absence and all absence count
Indeed thanks. wanted to confirm so that I wont make mistake.

Another question , Please.
I do have NARIC corticate issued in 2017 but now while filling ILR application it is asking for "Ecctis letter that confirms the qualification "

Can I submit NARIC certificate in-stand or Ecctis? NARIC certificate from 2017 will be still valiid?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 20, 2022 9:47 am

NARIC is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

katar
Newly Registered

Post by katar » Sat May 21, 2022 8:09 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:47 am
NARIC is enough
Thanks again.

I submitted my application , choose and pay for Priority service. But when I am trying to book appointment at UKVCAS, all I can see are 'Standard Appointments" Only.
Where can I see and I choose for 'Priority appointments', Does UKVCAS have such option? OR
do I need to choose one of 'Standard Appointments"?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:34 pm

Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:39 pm

I submitted my application , choose and pay for Priority service. But when I am trying to book appointment at UKVCAS, all I can see are 'Standard Appointments" Only.
Where can I see and I choose for 'Priority appointments', Does UKVCAS have such option? OR
do I need to choose one of 'Standard Appointments"?
Priority Service is a service offered by UKVI only.

UKCVAS is only for biometric enrollment and identity check. Your appointment has no bearing on the UKVI Priority service if you paid for priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)