ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer not cooperating for earnings.Pls sugg other options

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1_king
India

Employer not cooperating for earnings.Pls sugg other options

Post by tier1_king » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi ,
I was very enthusiastic in applying for Tier1 next week.

But my HR who promised to attest my payslips has backed off in the last moment. Protested with him and even with the senior HR manager..
All they say is - "We can't give attested pay slips for employees.You have to manage with the online pay slips.We don't have it in our policies"

To prove my previous earnings ,following are the otpions as you all know :
1) Payslips:
2) Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant:
3) Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/or present) employer(s) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed:
4) Official tax document produced by the tax authority or employer, showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year
5) Dividend vouchers:
6) Self-employed applicants only - letter from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant (confirming that the applicant received the exact amount he/she is claiming, or the net profit to which he/she is entitled):
7) Invoice explanations or payment summaries from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant:
8. Company or business accounts that clearly show the net profit of the company or business:

Now i have proper bank statements in place ( Option 1) .
Option 2 and Option 3 are ruled out as my employer is no co-operating.
Option 4 is also not applicable..
The only other option that looks applicable to salaried applicant like me is Option 7 :

7) Invoice explanations or payment summaries from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant

Question 1 :
My question is - Is option 7 applicable only to Self Employed applicants as mentioned in Option 6?

Or is it also applicable to salaried applicants like me ?

Question 2 :

During my previous earnings claim period, i was part in the UK and part in India.
While in UK,i got Indian Salary(INR)+UK Allowance (GBP) whereas in India , i only get the Indian Salary(INR).
(I work for a major software company in India.)

Is it enough that i get a letter from an Indian accountant stating all my Indian salaries and UK allowances ?

Or should i have filed with an UK accountant for my UK period ?

Question 3 :
Pls post any letter formats that can be used by the accountants if u used one ..

Please reply as i am clueless... Apologies for the long post !!

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:32 pm

if you are getting online payslips in pdf format and that has company logo then you doesnt require any attestation from your HR.couple of my friends got visas by submitting the colour print outs of the same when they applied from here in uk.

Please check the below link for various payslips formats.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... lip+format

my suggetion is if you are getting points based on your indian income then claim only indian income.

Please wait for the senior members to comment on your other questions.

tier1_king
India

Post by tier1_king » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi dingdon,

Thanks a lot for your reply ..

Good to see that BHC has issued visas with colour print outs. But i ll have to see what they would do here in India ..

If i claim only Indian income , it is an issue.. They expect Indian salries earned while in UK to be only showed as UK income ... :(

tier1_king
India

Senior guys ., pls advice !

Post by tier1_king » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Senior members, awaiting ur reply ..
Would be very helpful if u can pls post ur comments ..

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Re certifying the payslips: if HR won't certify the online payslips, further options include (a) demanding originals or (b) asking your line/group/department manager to certify the online payslips instead.

Re self-employment: this will not be possible for those who are in salaried employment, leaving aside the near-impossibility of retrospectively obtaining the other documentation associated with self-employment.

Re UK vs Indian income: one does not have the choice of selecting income/country bands according to what is convenient. Earnings received whilst living and working in the UK are UK income, whilst earnings received whilst living and working in India are Indian earnings. Misrepresenting the provenance of one's earnings otherwise would easily be classified as deception, and one can legitimately expect a caseworker to cross-check earnings dates against visa dates in the passport.

tier1_king
India

Post by tier1_king » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:33 am

Thanks a lot Gordon for your response ...

I am not sure whether they wud gimme the original pay slips .. anyways i ll give a try again..

Other option is my company pay slips look really good in colour print outs. but if am not supposed to use that also, i have to wait till April to get my Form 16 and then apply ..:(

---------------

So it looks all Options from 6 to 8 are for self employed applicants only ?

To add more clarity to my second question, i was just asking ... in case if i get a letter from my accountant ... has it to be a UK accountant for the UK earnings or Indian accountant would do good ? Anyways seems this option is not applicable for salaried applicants as u have said ..

intgral

Payslips

Post by intgral » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:03 pm

I have asked for original payslips 1 yr back and received them. Ask them several times and be persistent.

Good luck.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:51 pm

Or write a mail to HR and insist on reply, print it out, attach with ur visa application and explain clearly on the covering letter. Anyways that is not the only doc ECO would be looking at. If ur online payslip nett amt and bank statement amt corroborates then everything is fine.

If I were you' I would've confidently done this. End of the day you can't ask route for a place which does not exist....

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Who knows, u might probably get ur payslips if u document ur request to HR

tier1_king
India

Post by tier1_king » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:25 am

Thanks for your replies sri_sunny and intgral.

I am planning to move this issue to the next level of HR in my organisation.Will keep you posted about this ..

nairsanty
Newly Registered

Post by nairsanty » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi,

Dont really understand what the issue is. Online printouts of payslips are acceptable. All you need to support it is original copy of your bank statements showing inward receipt of the net salary payment for each of the month of your payslips. Surely you have your bank statements? Or you can easily ask your bank for the statements?

Rgds

tier1_king
India

Post by tier1_king » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:33 pm

hi nairsanty,

Thanks for your response.
Online printouts of payslips are acceptable ONLY if they are stamped and signed by the employer.

yeah ...My bank statements are original and perfect.

Guys ..
i have spoken to the HR head in my company and he is also not supporting signing and stamping of payslips

I am unable to apply for Tier1 just because i cudnt get stamped pay slips.,

My online payslips are coloured and they look really gud .. but no use ..!!! ????

Is there any other way to produce the second document for salaried applicants ?

Is the letter from an auditor not applicable in my case?

Please gimme some suggestions guys., i am clueless!!!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:09 pm

tier1_king wrote:hi nairsanty,

Thanks for your response.
Online printouts of payslips are acceptable ONLY if they are stamped and signed by the employer.

yeah ...My bank statements are original and perfect.

Guys ..
i have spoken to the HR head in my company and he is also not supporting signing and stamping of payslips

I am unable to apply for Tier1 just because i cudnt get stamped pay slips.,

My online payslips are coloured and they look really gud .. but no use ..!!! ????

Is there any other way to produce the second document for salaried applicants ?

Is the letter from an auditor not applicable in my case?

Please gimme some suggestions guys., i am clueless!!!
If they are pdfs, then they are statements

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:22 am

Hi I applied from NZ last year, and my payslips were printed on Cloured(Yellow) paper, along with IRD tax report, Bank statements (highlighted)
HO accepted those without any concerns.

I would suggest give it a go. As long as you bank statement reflects exact amount of salary stated in Payslip.

How you are getting online payslips? do they send you email every month to check you payslip or do they send it via email as attachment? in any case you can attach those email print outs...

Good luck
Kaff

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 pm

I think u can give it a go. U can exlpain in cover letter and application form why it is not attested. Urs is a genuine reason.Get a letter on company letterhead from company which says about ur gross salary.
I mentioned hr address where they can verify my salary details.

tier1_king
India

Post by tier1_king » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:02 pm

hi Kaff and namastelondon,
Thanks for ur response ..

Get a letter on company letterhead from company which says about ur gross salary. I mentioned hr address where they can verify my salary details.

Namastelondon,
my HR is not ready to give any supporting letters or verify any calls..

Kaff,
is ur payslip printed on A4 sheets ?

We have an online application and we can see the pay slips as and when we want..

B+
Newly Registered

Post by B+ » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:47 am

I too face the same problem as tier1_king

Seniors...require ur help on this.

Im provided with a pdf payslip sent to my mail every month, in which it is printed "This is a computer generated payslip only".
Company is absolutely not willing to seal/sign payslips, given the instances of many ppl using it for getting Tier 1.

Given the situation (where layoffs are usual now), I'm not able to agressively demand them from HR.

Feel bad that even though sufficient pts are available, Im unable to give this as proof due to my company.

I think of submitting the payslips without any seal/sign, but the risk involved in application getting rejected is high.

Any others who had faced the same problem, pls share ur experience.