ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH PARENT... but CHILD born in Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mshakipk
Newly Registered

BRITISH PARENT... but CHILD born in Pakistan

Post by mshakipk » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:33 pm

Hello:
I received my British citizenship in 2020 via naturalisation. i am originally Pakitani origin.... my wife is currently Pakistani .
My child was born on May 2022 in Pakistan since my wife could not come to UK as her spouse visa application is already in UKBA and under process.

My question is my understanding is that my Child is British citizen. I want to apply for his British Passport.

1) can i apply for passport directly or do i need to obtain some kind of citizenship certificate for my child?
2) If i can apply for passport directly then how i prove that this is my child and he is british citizen, since there is no other document apart from birth certificate from hospital stating i am the father.
3) if before i apply for british passport i apply Pakistani citizenship / passport for my child then does it effect his british nationality in any form.
4) do i need to fill MN1 form first before i apply for british passport?
5) DO i need to have DNA test done and submitted with british passport application?

PLEASE HELP thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: BRITISH PARENT... but CHILD born in Pakistan

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 am

mshakipk wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:33 pm
Hello:
I received my British citizenship in 2020 via naturalisation. i am originally Pakitani origin.... my wife is currently Pakistani .
My child was born on May 2022 in Pakistan since my wife could not come to UK as her spouse visa application is already in UKBA and under process.

My question is my understanding is that my Child is British citizen. I want to apply for his British Passport.

1) can i apply for passport directly or do i need to obtain some kind of citizenship certificate for my child? Apply for a British passport directly.
2) If i can apply for passport directly then how i prove that this is my child and he is british citizen, since there is no other document apart from birth certificate from hospital stating i am the father. Not sure anyone else in the world has any other document to prove that their child is their child. :lol:
3) if before i apply for british passport i apply Pakistani citizenship / passport for my child then does it effect his british nationality in any form. How would it? Does your Pakistani passport affect your British Citizenship? In any case, you're the yardstick of measurement for your seed!
4) do i need to fill MN1 form first before i apply for british passport? NO
5) DO i need to have DNA test done and submitted with british passport application? If they require one, they would let you know.

PLEASE HELP thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:06 pm

mshakipk wrote:
1) can i apply for passport directly or do i need to obtain some kind of citizenship certificate for my child?
Apply for passport directly.
mshakipk wrote:
2) If i can apply for passport directly then how i prove that this is my child and he is british citizen, since there is no other document apart from birth certificate from hospital stating i am the father.
The child's birth certificate and either the marriage certificate (if the mother is married to you) or DNA certificate (if the mother is unmarried).
mshakipk wrote:
3) if before i apply for british passport i apply Pakistani citizenship / passport for my child then does it effect his british nationality in any form.
No.
mshakipk wrote:
4) do i need to fill MN1 form first before i apply for british passport?
No.
mshakipk wrote:
5) DO i need to have DNA test done and submitted with british passport application?
Not if the mother is married to you and you have a marriage certificate to prove it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mshakipk
Newly Registered

Post by mshakipk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:38 am

Many Thanks , it means alot to me... one last question..

Can you please copy paste the URL link i need to use to apply for British passport while my child is out side the UK at the moment.

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:00 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mshakipk
Newly Registered

Post by mshakipk » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Hello:
from last 6-7 days i am reading the guidance and documents they require are soo confusing.. can you please give me list of documents they need please... I am pakistani naturalised to british in 2020 and my wife is pakistani and child got birth in pakistan in may 2022... can you please help me...

Also do i need to send original documents, especially passport? since i am in Pakistan and i work in UK , so i need this passport for travelling.

Thanks

kashmeregoat
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kashmeregoat » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:59 pm

Some of documents required:

CRC or juvenile card - (I.e. NADRA card for under 18s) apply in person at local nadra centre.

FRC - family registration certificate) can be obtained online

BRC - birth registration certificate (obtained by local district tehsil council)

MRC - marriage registration certificate (local tehsil or NADRA)

Maternity/antenatal records

Vaccination records

ALL passports held by both parents at the time of conception

Wedding/cohabitation photos (if applicable)

Information has been provided in good faith and does not constitute any form of advice.

mshakipk
Newly Registered

Post by mshakipk » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:25 am

Many thanks:

My wife`s Pakistani Passport is in immigration and my british Passport is with me but i need this to travel back to UK... Do they just check original documents at gerry`s or they keep the original documents as well, since i belive they prepare a package and POST it to UK rather then scan.

Second delima is suppose (inshallah) my wife`s visa is granted but my child`s passport still does not arrive, my wife cannot stay more then 3 months out side UK , what to do in that situation...

Please help

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:09 am

With regards to your child’s British passport application in Pakistan:
Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.