ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Citizenship application closed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jessiettttt
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Ireland Citizenship application closed

Post by Jessiettttt » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 am

Hi, my situation is I applied for citizenship since November 2019. But unfortunately, after they requested submitted documents 3 times and now 2 days ago I got email from my solicitor and citizenship email which I asked said that my application closed and opend for new application if I would like to do and have to pay new fee €175. This is a message they send me.
“Thank you for your email. This application has been closed It is open to you to lodge a new application if and when you are in a position to meet the statutory requirements applicable at that time. To maintain the integrity of the file, we do not return documentation submitted. However, should you wish to lodge a new application with the prescribed fee of €175, you may request all relevant documents previously submitted to be associated with your new application. There is no appeals process provided under this legislation”
Is there anybody have same problem? Please help me
Thank you 😿

seekingadvice87

Re: Ireland Citizenship application closed

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:56 am

On what basis were you qualified to apply in 2019? 5 years reckonable residence? Spouse of an Irish National? a different category?

Did you submit documents required and requested?

Jessiettttt
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jessiettttt » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:35 pm

Hi I did Spouse of an Irish National. And I did submitted everything 3 times and the last time I did was feb 2022😿.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 am

If you used a solicitor’s service, you should check with the solicitor why the application was closed. Your solicitor must have omitted something really important from INIS or forgot to submit some important documents.

INIS only closes applications if they send a request for documents and do not receive any response after over a month.

For the purpose of submitting citizenship applications, we advise applicants do this on their own without any help from solicitors. The only thing a solicitor has to do is to sign the witness form. This is for your own good. You don’t know how many letters and emails a solicitor will get, and you don’t know if the solicitor will have responded to every single one of them.

Jessiettttt
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jessiettttt » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 pm

I’m so regret it, what should I do now? Any advice? I did asked my solicitor but she didn’t tell me why. She just said to me pay new fee and leave it to her😿

Jessiettttt
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jessiettttt » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 pm

I’m so regret it, what should I do now? Any advice? I did asked my solicitor but she didn’t tell me why. She just said to me pay new fee and leave it to her😿

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:52 pm

Jessiettttt wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 pm
What are pre-requsits of your case in details please? Also you can always make FOI(freedom of information) request, and department should provide the answer, there is nothing clear to give you right answer since we don't see the details of your case

Jessiettttt
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jessiettttt » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 pm

I did send email to FOI and hope they will be sort it out asap. And also send to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie🙁 when I first time applied and submitted documents they send me another requirement documents letters after it 6 months provide such as bills, bank, birth certificate of my husband,… then another letters August 2020 documents required but some how my solicitor did asked me just some bills and p60. Then another letter December 2021 asked for same thing and provide why I had a lot stamp on pp,… asked for p60, bills,… again. I did submitted January to my solicitor then she asked me to fill a new application form, then she submitted them later in March. I have no idea why they submitted too late. Might be reason for closed my application 🥲.