ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Zadith14
United Kingdom

Dual nationality

Post by Zadith14 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:21 pm

I am eu national (Cypriot) been residing in the UK for the last 15 years with settled status. My husband joined me in the UK for the last 2.5 years and has pre-settled status. If I apply for British citizenship to have dual nationality, would it allow my husband to apply for British nationality within 3 years of residing in the uk?
I would really appreciate some guidance.
Thank you in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Dual nationality

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:18 pm

Your husband needs to have EU Settled Status first, after completing five years on pre-settled status. Once he has obtained this and you are a British citizen by then he can apply for naturalisation himself immediately. Note the three years refers to the number of years residency he has to prove for the application - he cannot apply after just three years residency. Please review the official guidance for naturalisation: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.