ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority Visa - Suggestions when a non-settlemet visa applicaton is delayed.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MGLondon
Newly Registered
India

Super Priority Visa - Suggestions when a non-settlemet visa applicaton is delayed.

Post by MGLondon » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:37 pm

I recently made a non-settlement (Skilled worker) visa application within the UK on the Super-Priority route. However, the service standard of 24 hours has already passed, and I have not received any updates on the decision.

I need to travel back to my home country urgently.

I know some people have been in a similar situation before. Does any one know of the recommended steps to follow once a super priority visa application from the UK is delayed. I've read in a few posts that one needs to contact the home office or escalate the issue. But how does one contact the home office? Is there an email address. Is there a postal address where one needs to send a letter? Or is there a contact number to escalate?

What if the home office tells you that they require further checks or information from the applicant. In that case, how does one then send this additional information.

Again, I've read that sometimes applications can be complex. What exactly makes applications complex?

Also, how can we know of the current visa application service standards? I mean, is the Ukraine crisis impacting in-country visa applications? If it is, what percentage of applications are affected.

Once an application is delayed beyond the published 24 hours service standards, then what percentage of these applications are processed up till say 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks of providing biometric information. Is there a way to get these statistics? Having these statistics would make life easier for a number of people.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Super Priority Visa - Suggestions when a non-settlemet visa applicaton is delayed.

Post by Hampshire » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:24 am

It is hard to say what exactly makes it complex.

It could be overstay during previous visit.
Stay in any hostile nation.
Something to do with nuclear energy
Criminal offence

You need to be patient, it could take 1-2 weeks.

vinny

Re: Super Priority Visa - Suggestions when a non-settlemet visa applicaton is delayed.

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:20 am

Or, I suspect that the Rules and Guidances themselves may make some applications complex?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.