ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checklist

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harakiri

Checklist

Post by harakiri » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello

I would be applying for Tier 1 visa next week. Would appreciate if you could review my documentation. Thanks:

Age - Original passport

Qualifications - Original degree certificate

Previous Earnings - 12 months' online payslips (stamped and signed by HR) and 12 months' online bank statements (stamped and signed by the bank) along with original letter from the bank confirming the statements' authenticity

English Language Requirement - Original degree certificate (Please confirm if I require a letter from the University that degree was taught in English. My qualification is recognised by self assessment tool on BIA website)

Maintenance Funds - 3 months' online bank statements (stamped and signed by the bank) along with original letter from bank confirming that the funds have been held in my account since the past 3 months and the funds are equivalent to 2800 pounds.

Cheers.

balu1983

hi

Post by balu1983 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 am

looks good and i have applied with same set of doc's. Remember, you should have bank statements or letter not more than 7 days old. And put a printout of online PBS summary for which you claimed the points

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:55 am

Thanks balu1983.

Please confirm if I require a letter from the University that degree was taught in English. My qualification is recognised by self assessment tool on BIA website.

Also have you received approval for Tier 1 yet?

balu1983

hi

Post by balu1983 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:02 pm

harakiri,

i got my EC approval. however, you should be checking the october timelines for this.

coming to your question, it is better to put a letter from university that the medium of instruction was english. In other words, yes it is required.

swati46

Post by swati46 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 pm

if your qualification and univ appears in the English Requirement section of the points based calculator you dont need any other proof or certificate to confirm that it was taught in English. YOu only need to submit your Original Degree certificate.

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks balu1983 and swati46.

swati46 - Was your university listed on BIA tool? did you apply for EC without the letter from university in that case?

Cheers.

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Re: Checklist

Post by shiva_jaime » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi,
From which BHC u plan to apply?
I applied last week from chennai BHC...
They were very curious abt ITR-1 for last 3 years and accomodation proof. Please be prepared for that even it is not mandatory, u need to carry those.
Also carry ur experience certificate if u left job and previous companies.

regards,
Shiva

[quote="harakiri"]Hello

I would be applying for Tier 1 visa next week. Would appreciate if you could review my documentation. Thanks:

[b]Age[/b] - Original passport

[b]Qualifications[/b] - Original degree certificate

[b]Previous Earnings [/b]- 12 months' online payslips (stamped and signed by HR) and 12 months' online bank statements (stamped and signed by the bank) along with original letter from the bank confirming the statements' authenticity

[b]English Language Requirement [/b]- Original degree certificate (Please confirm if I require a letter from the University that degree was taught in English. My qualification is recognised by self assessment tool on BIA website)

[b]Maintenance Funds[/b] - 3 months' online bank statements (stamped and signed by the bank) along with original letter from bank confirming that the funds have been held in my account since the past 3 months and the funds are equivalent to 2800 pounds.

Cheers.[/quote]

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Hello shiva_jaime - the docs that you have stated was for the HSMP requirement. Anyways thanks for the information.

I will be applying from Mumbai VFS on 8/12.

Cheers.