ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main Applicant in India and Dependant in US

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajan1984

Post by rajan1984 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:35 am

My sister in law received Certificate of Sponsorship. She and her son will be applying visa from India. Her husband is currently in US. Would he be able to Apply in the US at the same time, when she and her son Apply in India?
We are aware he can apply directly in the US as a dependant. However we are not clear, if he can apply at the same time or he will have to wait until the main applicant decision is made.
Please advice

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Main Applicant in India and Dependant in US

Post by Hampshire » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:56 am

Yes, you can apply from US and the main applicant in India. In fact, you should apply from the place where you are a resident.

Otherwise, you will have to suppress the fact that he is living in the US. At some point, if you have to reveal that he was in the US, then that might lead to negative decision and impact on future applications.

At the end of the application, you can add some additional information if you would like to.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Post by Hampshire » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:01 pm

If you apply separately at the same time in US & India, not recommended in my opinion. It would not be linked to the main applicant is my guess.

Better to wait till the main applicant visa is approved. Beware dependent 's visa is taking a longer time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:12 pm

Also note that the son will not get a visa unless the other parent is applying at the same time or applying with the child once she gets her visa.

The immigration rules do not permit the child to be granted a visa if the other parent is not also applying or settled in the UK etc.

It is far easier to make all the applications from India if the husband can return to India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajan1984

Post by rajan1984 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:02 am

Thank you for your input guys, much helpful.

We just drafted the application for all three (Sister in law and Son in India & her husband in USA). There looks to be a way around to apply all three at the same time as the application asks all relevant questions.

He will have to loose job if he decides to be back in India and apply. if he apply in the US, there is a chance that his company will transfer him to UK.

We will submit the following documents

- US and India Police verification document
- Covering letter with all three Application references
- Parents’ Consent letter
- US & India Bank statements
- Company work documents and US visa pages

Please let us know any additional input that can help our case stronger.

Thank you as always

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Post by Hampshire » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:56 pm

There is space to add any extra information you would like to provide for example: 'married since 10 years but living in the US for the past 1 year due to work reasons.' it's up to you to add

rajan1984

Post by rajan1984 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:49 pm

Thanks a lot, yes that is a very good suggestion and we will add

rajan1984

Post by rajan1984 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:46 pm

Hampshire wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:56 pm
There is space to add any extra information you would like to provide for example: 'married since 10 years but living in the US for the past 1 year due to work reasons.' it's up to you to add
Please check below is OK?

I and my son are in India. My Husband is in the United States since XXth XX 2022 for his onsite assignment. All three of us are applying the visa at the same time. I and my son will be travelling from India and My husband will be travelling from US once we receive our visas.