ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation (Application queries)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manolesta
Italy

British Naturalisation (Application queries)

Post by manolesta » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:04 am

First of all big thanks to everybody for all the material and help you provide to people.

I am about to start the application online. Today one of my referee (professional one) has given to me his personal details (needed for the online application) and signed the declaration:
unfortunately I have printed this 2 page declaration in 2 separate sheets of paper (my picture is on one sheet, the referee signature on the other). Will this be a problem?

My intention is to pay a scanning service with UKVCAS.
- Can they refuse to scan it because of that (my referee has gone back to his city)

P. S. I have already read a similar post, but because is 4 years old and now everything is digital not sure if the answer is still the same.

Thanks guys!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Naturalisation (Application queries)

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:04 am

manolesta wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:04 am
First of all big thanks to everybody for all the material and help you provide to people.

I am about to start the application online. Today one of my referee (professional one) has given to me his personal details (needed for the online application) and signed the declaration:
unfortunately I have printed this 2 page declaration in 2 separate sheets of paper (my picture is on one sheet, the referee signature on the other). Will this be a problem? Don't think it's a problem as the form is still completed.

My intention is to pay a scanning service with UKVCAS.
- Can they refuse to scan it because of that (my referee has gone back to his city)
They will not refuse to perform the scan service. You could save the money and scan/upload yourself, forfree. Note that UKVCAS staff are not UKVI caseworkers and won't evaluate your documentation, except for read quality perhaps.

P. S. I have already read a similar post, but because is 4 years old and now everything is digital not sure if the answer is still the same.
I assume you refer to the "JCAP" service which used to be provided by councils. Don't know what the answer was, but this is an administrative matter, rather than connected with the actual requirements for the application.

Thanks guys!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 am

So no need to have it re- signed then..!

Regarding the "similar post" there was a guy that printed the referee form in 2 single sided sheets (like me) and the answer was the same: NO matter if it is single sided or double sided.

If it is like that, I will probably scan them myself:

- is there a deadline after I submit the application to find and attend one of the "free appointments"?

( I mean, what if the first free available appointment is available only in one month):

-Can I still book it or it will be too late?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:25 am

You should have had a link to arrange a biometrics appointment.
I think it needs to be done within 45 days but not exactly sure. Was it not explained online?
Free appointments are few and far between so you may not have a choice but pay if you want to do it earlier.
Not sure this link helps: https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

manolesta
Italy

Facial piercing on photo

Post by manolesta » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm

Guys, maybe you can help me with this one too:

My wife is applying for naturalisation too. She needs to get a photo for the referee declaration form (and another one at the biometrics appointment).

One month ago she has had her nose pierced (cannot remove it yet, unless permanently).

That is the only piercing she has (a small nose stud).
I have read the photo guidance and it says:

We may also accept body piercings, such as lip rings, eyebrow piercings and nose rings. Multiple facial piercings make it difficult for the system to capture the outline of the customer’s eyes, mouth, nose, chin and cheekbones. We advise customers to their piercings (if possible) before taking a photo, as we will reject photos where piercings cause reflection.

Q: Can she take her photo with this piercing on (or she will need to remove it)?

Has anyone had his photo accepted with a facial piercing on?!

Thanks guys, don't want to do any mistakes..

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:27 pm

manolesta wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm
Guys, maybe you can help me with this one too:

My wife is applying for naturalisation too. She needs to get a photo for the referee declaration form (and another one at the biometrics appointment).

One month ago she has had her nose pierced (cannot remove it yet, unless permanently).

That is the only piercing she has (a small nose stud).
I have read the photo guidance and it says:

We may also accept body piercings, such as lip rings, eyebrow piercings and nose rings. Multiple facial piercings make it difficult for the system to capture the outline of the customer’s eyes, mouth, nose, chin and cheekbones. We advise customers to their piercings (if possible) before taking a photo, as we will reject photos where piercings cause reflection.

Q: Can she take her photo with this piercing on (or she will need to remove it)?

Has anyone had his photo accepted with a facial piercing on?!

Thanks guys, don't want to do any mistakes..
The guidance clearly states what's accepted and what's not. You either take the nose ring off, or you risk the pictures getting rejected. Entirely your choice.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

manolesta
Italy

Can a letter of employment be the only evidence of residence (EU passport)?

Post by manolesta » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:55 pm

Good evening guys!

My wife has an EU passport (no stamps on it for entry/leave the UK).
She has been in her current job since 2016, so she is asking for a "Letter of employment" in order to prove her 5 years presence in the UK.

Q: Will this letter be enough or I need to add another piece of evidence to proof her residence?

I'd like to request a SAR from HMRC, but it can take up to 40 days..

Has any of you (EU nationals) applied only with a letter of employer as proof of residence?

Cheers guys!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:27 am

I used just the one employer letter confirming my employment with them - no issue - and no need for further residency documents.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:51 am

Brilliant!

manolesta
Italy

Letter of employment: is (to whom it may concern) ok?

Post by manolesta » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:57 am

Sorry guys, forgot something:

1- Can the letter of employment just include "to whom it may concern" or it needs to be addressed to Home Office?
(If the latter, could someone please tell me which address my employer should put)

2- is the same for the cover letter?

Cheers!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Letter of employment: is (to whom it may concern) ok?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 am

manolesta wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:57 am
Sorry guys, forgot something:

1- Can the letter of employment just include "to whom it may concern" or it needs to be addressed to Home Office?
(If the latter, could someone please tell me which address my employer should put)

2- is the same for the cover letter?

Cheers!
To whom it may concern suffices.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:44 pm

To Whom it May Concern 10th August 2022

Dear Sir or Madam
Confirmation of Employment Information for Mrs Xxxxx Yxxxxxx (DoB )

I write to confirm that Mrs Yxxxxxxx commenced employment as a Catering Supervisor within the hospitality section of Estates and Facilities at Xxxxxx College on 10th October 2015.

Mrs Yxxxxxx is employed on a full-time, permanent basis.
Mrs Yxxxxxx’s current address is 24/6 ***** Road, [City] , [Postcode].

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Guys, my wife got this "letter of employment" today;
I am not sure if the words used make it clear that she has continuously worked for this company from 10th October 2015 to Present..

The letter clearly says: - she commenced employment on 10th October 2015.
- she is employed full time, permanent basis.

Q:Is that enough to understand that she has worked continuously for this company "since this date"?
Or
Q: Do we need to ask HR to add a raw mentioning that she has remained employed by the company since this date?

I am really sorry, but as you can see, my English is terrible... I would prefer to clarify with you folks!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm

manolesta wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:44 pm
To Whom it May Concern 10th August 2022

Dear Sir or Madam
Confirmation of Employment Information for Mrs Xxxxx Yxxxxxx (DoB )

I write to confirm that Mrs Yxxxxxxx commenced employment as a Catering Supervisor within the hospitality section of Estates and Facilities at Xxxxxx College on 10th October 2015.

Mrs Yxxxxxx is employed on a full-time, permanent basis.
Mrs Yxxxxxx’s current address is 24/6 ***** Road, [City] , [Postcode].

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Guys, my wife got this "letter of employment" today;
I am not sure if the words used make it clear that she has continuously worked for this company from 10th October 2015 to Present..

The letter clearly says: - she commenced employment on 10th October 2015.
- she is employed full time, permanent basis.

Q:Is that enough to understand that she has worked continuously for this company "since this date"?
Or
Q: Do we need to ask HR to add a raw mentioning that she has remained employed by the company since this date?

I am really sorry, but as you can see, my English is terrible... I would prefer to clarify with you folks!
If the letter is dated recently, then it's obvious that she's still in employment.

If it would make you sleep better, you can add your P60's as well.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:17 pm

Sorry my bad...

What I wanted to know is if it is clear from this letter, that she has worked (without interruptions) for the company since 10th October 2015 to Present.

The reasons why we are using a letter of employment as evidence of residence are:

1 my wife has an italian passport (with no stamps)
2 we only have 4 P60s (missing the most recent one 2021/2022)

Instead of sending 4x p60 (and substitute the one missing with at least 4 payslips) and the rest of the payslips (since April 2022 to present) I thought it would be easier just to upload a single piece of evidence...

I am not sure but I have read somewhere in the an guidance that P60s and letter of employment serve the same purpose, so not advisable to send them both.

Am I correct?

What evidence of residence would you submit if you were in my shoes?

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 pm

What if I ask the HR if they could change change the wording in the letter:

Instead of "she commenced the employment on 10th October 2015"

"she has been employed since 10th October 2015"

Is that any better?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 pm

manolesta wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:45 pm
What if I ask the HR if they could change change the wording in the letter:

Instead of "she commenced the employment on 10th October 2015"

"she has been employed since 10th October 2015"

Is that any better?
You'd want to make it as idiotproof as possible. If I was in your shoes, I'll do the exactly the above and then back it up with the P60's you mentioned earlier and intermittent payslips. It cost you nothing if you have them.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:51 pm

Many thanks! I will do that!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I am in a similar situation where one of my P60s is missing. I have requested letters from my employers, and I have all the P45 (including the one from the job that didn't give me the P60), should I also upload payslips from that job? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 pm
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I am in a similar situation where one of my P60s is missing. I have requested letters from my employers, and I have all the P45 (including the one from the job that didn't give me the P60), should I also upload payslips from that job? Thank you!
Please continue your questions in your own topic you already have.

See point 12 of the forum rules FAQs in the link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manolesta
Italy

Life in the UK: Account locked

Post by manolesta » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm

Sorry again guys!

I am about to start the AN form so I was just gathering all the reference numbers needed for it (English test, LIUK, Settled Status etc.).

Regarding the LIUK, the only thing I have is an email with a URN in this format:

ABC/111111/AB111AB11/AB11ABCD.
Date: October 2020

I just wanted to be sure it was the right number to insert the AN form, so I tried to reset the password of my LIUK account (didn't remember it) to cross check:
I received an email to reset the password but as soon as I tried resetting it it said: "password reset failed account locked"

Now I am really worried that the Home Office won't be able to check the result of my "LIUK test" from their side (because of the account locked..)

Q: Can I still use this URN in the AN form or the HO won't be able anymore to check the result (because of the account now locked)?

I have seen a similar post, but the guy with this problem, was providing a letter with the results ( I don't have a letter because my exam was in 2020).

Please can someone tell me what to do..?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:33 am

If you want to get your account unlocked you might need to contact them, though the Home Office won't need to log in to your account to check you passed the test, they'll check the reference number from their records. The UAN in the format you quote is all you need.

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 am

Guys, I am finally filling in the AN form, but there something that I need to ask you, hope you can help me again!

My wife is Venezuelan: her venezuelan passport expired on Nov 2016 (she has been waiting for her new one since Nov 2021..)

- On February 2015 she got the Italian certificate of citizenship.
- On May 2015 she got her current Italian passport.

Before these dates she was on a Residence Card (expiring on Dec 2015).

Since she got the Italian Passport, she has only used that for everything (trips, English test, LIUK test, Settled Status etc.).

She is applying for Naturalisation with her Italian passport, but here it comes the dilemma..

When filling in the "Nationality details" section, she tried to put before her birth nationality (Venezuela) and then her second nationality (Italian, held since Feb 2015).

The problem is, this way, the form was asking her to provide reason for not providing
venezuelan documents and that a valid passport is required for the application.
The Documents Checklist based on these inputs, was only asking for her "expired venezuelan passport" and not for the "Valid Italian passport" she is using for the application.

We realized we had to do it the other way around:
Put the Italian as "main nationality" and Venezuelan as "other nationality".

In order to that, she had to fill the field (held since) with her date of birth, leave the field (held to) blank and tick the box (still hold this nationality).

This way, the "Document List" generated was right and was asking for the Valid Italian passport.

Q1: is it correct to do it this way?

Q2: should I submit her expired venezuelan passport (just for piece of mind) or no need for it?

Q3: Should I submit any evidence (husband activities) when she was a family member (August 2012 to 2015) OR the residence card is enough for the HO?!

Q4: If yes:
When did she start exercising her own Treaty rights (Worker)?

Since she got the italian certificate of citizenship (Feb 2015) OR since she got the Italian passport (May 2015)?

Thank you very much for your support, your opinions is what motivates me to try this journey!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:32 am

manolesta wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 am
Guys, I am finally filling in the AN form, but there something that I need to ask you, hope you can help me again!

My wife is Venezuelan: her venezuelan passport expired on Nov 2016 (she has been waiting for her new one since Nov 2021..)

- On February 2015 she got the Italian certificate of citizenship.
- On May 2015 she got her current Italian passport.

Before these dates she was on a Residence Card (expiring on Dec 2015).

Since she got the Italian Passport, she has only used that for everything (trips, English test, LIUK test, Settled Status etc.).

She is applying for Naturalisation with her Italian passport, but here it comes the dilemma..

When filling in the "Nationality details" section, she tried to put before her birth nationality (Venezuela) and then her second nationality (Italian, held since Feb 2015).

The problem is, this way, the form was asking her to provide reason for not providing
venezuelan documents and that a valid passport is required for the application.
The Documents Checklist based on these inputs, was only asking for her "expired venezuelan passport" and not for the "Valid Italian passport" she is using for the application.

We realized we had to do it the other way around:
Put the Italian as "main nationality" and Venezuelan as "other nationality".

In order to that, she had to fill the field (held since) with her date of birth, leave the field (held to) blank and tick the box (still hold this nationality).

This way, the "Document List" generated was right and was asking for the Valid Italian passport.

Q1: is it correct to do it this way?If you have the Venezuelan passport, then I'd put that first.

Q2: should I submit her expired venezuelan passport (just for piece of mind) or no need for it? Yes, if you have it with you.

Q3: Should I submit any evidence (husband activities) when she was a family member (August 2012 to 2015) OR the residence card is enough for the HO?! Residence card should suffice.

Q4: If yes:
When did she start exercising her own Treaty rights (Worker)?
Since she got the italian certificate of citizenship (Feb 2015) OR since she got the Italian passportThis one, as she had the evidence of treaty nationality. (May 2015)?

Thank you very much for your support, your opinions is what motivates me to try this journey!

manolesta
Italy

Post by manolesta » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:01 am

Good morning guys!

I am on the 5 years route (not married to British).

Today 18th/August/2022 I am going to pay and submit the AN FORM, but just having a lapse:

I have listed 5 years of trip outside UK starting from the first day of the qualifying period: 19th/August/2017

Am I right?

Do I need to start calculating the trips, from this day?

manolesta
Italy

Payment Confirmation - what to do next email

Post by manolesta » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Guys, my wife has just paid and submitted her AN FORM!

As soon as she paid, she has received the following email:

Payment successful
Date: ** ** **
Name: Mrs **** ***** *****
Visa: Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen
Fee paid: 1330.00 GBP
Reference: ***********

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment and the application has been submitted.

What you need to do next
If you have not already done so, you must return to your application to book and attend an appointment with our commercial partner to provide your documents and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).

If you want to, you can also download a copy of your application form and document checklist.

Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.

This email is telling her to return to application and book an appointment;

I thought she had to wait for an email telling her if she can use the IDV app or book an appointment with the UKVCAS, so I am a bit confused now.

Q: Can she book an appointment with UKVCAS straight away or we need to wait for a further email (instructing us what to do)?

Sorry guys without you I am lost!