ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is statutory redundancy/holiday pay a public fund?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jimmy3
Newly Registered

Is statutory redundancy/holiday pay a public fund?

Post by Jimmy3 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 pm

Hello,

I would appreciate some help with the following question - could not find direct answer anywhere.

1) I am on Skilled Worker visa without access to public funds
2) prev employer became insolvent and owes me untaken holidays pay
3) I claimed, as suggested by insolvency practitioner, this holiday pay via redundancy payment services.

Now I am thinking if this might be treated as access to public funds or not?

From one side - those payment are payable by prev employer. From other side - if company cannot pay then those payments will come from national insurance funds as far as I understood. (I suspect from sums paid by myself as part of monthly ni+tax payments).

I haven't found in any public funds list anything related to redundancy/holiday payments. Looks that they are not part of this category.

But I would prefer to double check with someone who knows Subject matter to avoid problems with visa.

Thank you

csh1983
Newly Registered

Re: Is statutory redundancy/holiday pay a public fund?

Post by csh1983 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:38 pm

Only the benefits and services listed in s115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 and at paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules are classed as public funds for immigration purposes.

Please refer to the guidance below for more information:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ds-v18.pdf