ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Employer on CSEP (Stamp 1)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coderplusplus
Newly Registered
India

Change Employer on CSEP (Stamp 1)

Post by coderplusplus » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:53 pm

I have completed about 1+ year on stamp 1 so I am eligible to change the employer, and I am still 6+ months away from completing 21 months so I do not want to wait for stamp-4.

My queries are following :
- Do I need to give up my current work-permit before new employer applies for new one? Can this process cause gaps in employment ?
- Is it possible that a new employer applies a new work permit for me, it's granted and only after it's granted then I notify my old employer and serve notice period and join the new employer. Because if If I notify my employer before I get a new work permit in the worst case scenario I might loose both.

Thanks.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Change Employer on CSEP (Stamp 1)

Post by jesonnn » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:06 am

coderplusplus wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:53 pm
I have completed about 1+ year on stamp 1 so I am eligible to change the employer, and I am still 6+ months away from completing 21 months so I do not want to wait for stamp-4.

My queries are following :
- Do I need to give up my current work-permit before new employer applies for new one? Can this process cause gaps in employment ?
- Is it possible that a new employer applies a new work permit for me, it's granted and only after it's granted then I notify my old employer and serve notice period and join the new employer. Because if If I notify my employer before I get a new work permit in the worst case scenario I might loose both.

Thanks.
You will be required to send back current once obtaining new, so it will not make a gap for you
Yes, new employer should apply, you get new one then send back old.