ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport interview dates not available before travel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ts531
Bangladesh

First adult passport interview dates not available before travel

Post by ts531 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:12 am

Hello,

I got in trouble with my first adult passport application and wondering if anyone here can give me some advice. I have applied for the passport on 25 June, 2022 and they received my documents on 13 July, 2022. I am due to travel on 28 Aug for few months for work purposes. I called the passport advice few days ago requesting to expedite my application. They asked me to call back. In the meantime I have been asked to attend an interview. But no interview dates are available before my travel. I emailed the Portsmouth Office who asked me to send them my details for the interview booking, but no response yet so far after 3 days. The advice line says they are unable to help. I have only got naturalisation less than two months ago. Not sure why they need my ID Check.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Best regards.

Anik86
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: First adult passport interview dates not available before travel

Post by Anik86 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:25 pm

I was almost in a similar boat just this week. Got naturalized on 29/06/2022. Applied for first adult british passport straight away. HMPO acknowledged receipt of documents on 07/07/2022. My BD passport was lost in June but need to travel on 10/08/2022.

Went to the local PO on 25/07/2022 without an appointment, was given an email address for the upgrade team. Upon sending them an email with proof of travel etc. I was told I don't meet the criteria as it's not been six weeks since I applied. This came last Sunday afternoon.

Went to the local PO again the following day and was treated nicely. I was told my caseworker will contact me ASAP over the phone. Later that day I received an email stating I need to attend an interview. The number from the email doesn't work. Passport helpline gave me another number to try and the agent on that number told me the first available date was 23/08/2022.

Went to the HMPO again without an appointment and my application was approved within 10 minutes. The lady at the counter said that I shouldn't be needing an interview. Passport printed the following morning and delivered by 12PM at my door by TNT.

Long story short, I would advise trying your luck going to the nearest HMPO. Doesn't need to be where your appilcation is being processed!

ts531
Bangladesh

Post by ts531 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:40 pm

Dear Anik86,

Thank you so much indeed for sharing your experience in details! It really boosts my spirit! May I ask which passport office did you go to?

Anik86
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Anik86 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:05 am

You are welcome. My nearest PO is Durham although my application was being processed in Glasgow.

ts531
Bangladesh

Post by ts531 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:25 pm

Hello all,

Good news in the end. I have emailed portsmouthCSN@homeoffice.gov.uk explaining my situation and including the travel documents. And they have replied yesterday saying I don't need an interview. My application was just approved today. I have also sent hard copy letters and evidence to Liverpool Passport Office where my application was being processed as well as to Liverpool Priority Handling two days ago. But I believe the email to Portsmouth account has worked.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am

Congratulations