ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for extension as T1E partner from outside the UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier1partner
Newly Registered

Applying for extension as T1E partner from outside the UK

Post by Tier1partner » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:38 pm

Hello all

My wife is a T1E in the UK, and am T1E dependent. However, I work abroad, and visit the UK every month. We have joint gas, water and council tax bills here.

I'm planning to apply for extension from outside the UK (as I cant take a long break from work), while my wife and kids will apply for extension inside the UK.

Is anyone aware of the timelines involved , and whether priority services are available for T1E and their dependents, inside or outside the UK?

Also, are there any risks to this approach ? Should I give a cover letter explaining my work situation?

Lastly, do I need a criminal clearance certificate again from the country I work in? I had shared it at time of original T1E application.

Any feedback based on actual experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Re: Applying for extension as T1E partner from outside the UK

Post by HappyChap2021 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:54 pm

same case here.. hope anyone can help. as per the UKVI there is an option to apply through UK embassies abroad.. but we need confirmation that this is doable

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:01 pm

Tier1partner wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:38 pm
Hello all

My wife is a T1E in the UK, and am T1E dependent. However, I work abroad, and visit the UK every month. We have joint gas, water and council tax bills here.

I'm planning to apply for extension from outside the UK (as I cant take a long break from work), while my wife and kids will apply for extension inside the UK.

Is anyone aware of the timelines involved , and whether priority services are available for T1E and their dependents, inside or outside the UK?

Also, are there any risks to this approach ? Should I give a cover letter explaining my work situation?

Lastly, do I need a criminal clearance certificate again from the country I work in? I had shared it at time of original T1E application.

Any feedback based on actual experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
There are essentially two types of visa (for any category) - Leave to Enter and Leave to Remain. When you are applying from outside UK, you are applying for a leave to enter. When you are applying from within the UK, it is Leave to Remain.

So, generally, there is no requirement that you can only choose one. But the application process, documentation, etc, will follow the requirement od Leave to Enter or Leave to Remain, as the case may be.

You have to apply online as a dependant applying from outside the UK. which will generally mean you need to follow all the requirements as the original Leave to enter.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Tier1partner
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1partner » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:13 am

Thank you Marcnath

Please could you advise if there is any benefit in applying from either inside the UK or outside, in terms of

1) timelines , including priority options. This is the main concern at the moment. I cannot stay away from work very long, but do not want to be away from family for long either.

2) scrutiny i.e. whether they may query relationship or intent etc.

3) Lastly, if it emerges that they dont actually accept applications from outside the UK for this category (entrepreneur dependent) , how soon will I know? i.e. at time of application submission, or after biometrics? I don't want to be in a situation where I find out too late that I cant apply from outside the UK.

Thanks and Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:25 am

Tier1partner wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:13 am
Thank you Marcnath

Please could you advise if there is any benefit in applying from either inside the UK or outside, in terms of

1) timelines , including priority options. This is the main concern at the moment. I cannot stay away from work very long, but do not want to be away from family for long either.

3) Lastly, if it emerges that they dont actually accept applications from outside the UK for this category (entrepreneur dependent) , how soon will I know? i.e. at time of application submission, or after biometrics? I don't want to be in a situation where I find out too late that I cant apply from outside the UK.

Thanks and Regards
1) I am sorry but there is no way of knowing the timelines.
2) Yes, you can expect those. There is a requirement for subsisting relationship which can always be questioned.
3) Again difficult to say. Depends on when they start processing your application. But I would suspect it would be a matter of weeks.

But, given that it appears you have no plans to move to the UK in the near future, you may want to just consider a long term visitor visa rather than a dependant visa. A Visa application rejection will be in your records for a long time and negatively impact future applications.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:04 am

If you are a visitor, then wife may need to show sole responsibility, etc., for child, when they extend.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:10 pm

Tier1partner wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:13 am
Thank you Marcnath

Thanks and Regards
Best advice is to have your wife apply as soon as she can, and you apply as late as you can, hoping that your wife would have her extension approved before you submit for your extension. this will minimize the time you have to stay in the uk waiting for decision.

Tier1partner
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1partner » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:53 pm

Thank you for the suggestions

Applying within the UK doesn't seem like a viable option, as the current T1E processing time seems to be 2 months at the least. Cant be off work for so long.

The long term visitor visa also doesn't quite come across as the correct option in my case.

I travel to the UK pretty much every month, and all UK bills are paid from my account. So I'm hoping that will reduce any potential doubts about the relationship.

@ Marcnath - why would there be a risk of visa rejection if the travel and bank details can prove genuine subsisting relationship? Is there something I'm missing or need to watch out for and address upfront?

Thanks in advance

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:55 pm

Tier1partner wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:53 pm
Thank you for the suggestions

Applying within the UK doesn't seem like a viable option, as the current T1E processing time seems to be 2 months at the least. Cant be off work for so long.

The long term visitor visa also doesn't quite come across as the correct option in my case.

I travel to the UK pretty much every month, and all UK bills are paid from my account. So I'm hoping that will reduce any potential doubts about the relationship.

@ Marcnath - why would there be a risk of visa rejection if the travel and bank details can prove genuine subsisting relationship? Is there something I'm missing or need to watch out for and address upfront?

Thanks in advance
If you have that level of presence in the UK, it may not be much of a risk.