ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HRO) application / categories ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

S-V
Newly Registered

FLR (HRO) application / categories ?

Post by S-V » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:02 pm

Hi,
Please advise what type of applications and what categories should I apply for my elderly mother with a medical diagnosis of Alzheimer and Atrophy ?

She is an 85 year old from Iran who has recently been (5-6 weeks ago) diagnosed with Alzheimer and Atrophy in Iran. She is divorced and has been living by herself during the last 40 years in Iran. Over the last 15-20 years she has visited myself and our family in the UK via short term Tourist Visas several times and has not overstayed her beyond her visas' expiry during these visits to the UK.

In March 2022 I applied on her behalf for another Tourist Visa to come and visit us following the easing of the Covid restrictions. This was granted in April 2022 and her visa is valid through October 2022. Given her worsening physical and mental condition, it was apparent she could not travel on her own to the UK, and as such I travelled in late June 2022 to Iran to assist her in getting medical attention in Iran where she was diagnosed with Alzheimer and Atrophy. In July 2022 she accompanied me back to the UK, under her current Tourist Visa.

During her current stay it has become very clear she is no longer capable of living by herself and requires daily assistance. Given all her children live outside of Iran, i wish for her to stay with me here in the UK and therefore we are trying to ascertain what would be the next steps required to go through the immigration process and ensure she can safely and legally remain in the UK with her family rather than returning back to Iran at the end of her current Tourist Visa in October 2022.

I am a British Citizen and have been living with my husband (also a British Citizen) in the UK since 2003.

Thank you for your feedback in advance,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (HRO) application / categories ?

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:30 am

S-V wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:02 pm
Hi,
Please advise what type of applications and what categories should I apply for my elderly mother with a medical diagnosis of Alzheimer and Atrophy ?

She is an 85 year old from Iran who has recently been (5-6 weeks ago) diagnosed with Alzheimer and Atrophy in Iran. She is divorced and has been living by herself during the last 40 years in Iran. Over the last 15-20 years she has visited myself and our family in the UK via short term Tourist Visas several times and has not overstayed her beyond her visas' expiry during these visits to the UK.

In March 2022 I applied on her behalf for another Tourist Visa to come and visit us following the easing of the Covid restrictions. This was granted in April 2022 and her visa is valid through October 2022. Given her worsening physical and mental condition, it was apparent she could not travel on her own to the UK, and as such I travelled in late June 2022 to Iran to assist her in getting medical attention in Iran where she was diagnosed with Alzheimer and Atrophy. In July 2022 she accompanied me back to the UK, under her current Tourist Visa.

During her current stay it has become very clear she is no longer capable of living by herself and requires daily assistance. Given all her children live outside of Iran, i wish for her to stay with me here in the UK and therefore we are trying to ascertain what would be the next steps required to go through the immigration process and ensure she can safely and legally remain in the UK with her family rather than returning back to Iran at the end of her current Tourist Visa in October 2022.

I am a British Citizen and have been living with my husband (also a British Citizen) in the UK since 2003.

Thank you for your feedback in advance,
It's one of the most difficult ones to get. Please note that by default, the UK immigration system is hostile.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... atives.pdf

It's a bit like opening Pandora's box. Once you go down this route, she might not be able to get a UK's visiting visa again.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

S-V
Newly Registered

Post by S-V » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 pm

Hi Ticktack, thank you for your feedback, shouldn't she applied this categories: Medical grounds or ill health?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:33 am

S-V wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 pm
Hi Ticktack, thank you for your feedback, shouldn't she applied this categories: Medical grounds or ill health?
No, that does not apply to her, it's the ADR and TickTack stated the fact on it.

S-V
Newly Registered

Post by S-V » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:35 pm

Thank you AmazonianX, even though she is currently in the UK with her tourist visa, shouldn't she use Leave Outside the Rules application ? if so, the ADR is not in that categories.