ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Made a mistake in UK Naturalisation Application - typo in the reference number of previous visa application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ihaveaquery
Newly Registered
India

Made a mistake in UK Naturalisation Application - typo in the reference number of previous visa application

Post by Ihaveaquery » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:22 pm

Hi,

I have an ILR and this is regarding my UK naturalisation application, that I have submitted and have also uploaded all the scanned documents via UKVCAS IDV app as required, about 6 weeks ago.

I just found that I have made a minor mistake in my application, where it asks for reference number for the previously made UK Visa applications, I have mentioned incorrect reference number by mistake for the first Visa application I made to come to UK, the place of visa and date are correctly mentioned.

After coming to UK, I did get my visa extended twice and then got my ILR, I have mentioned these references and details correctly.

Is there any way in which I can amend my application, and if not, what is the best way to inform about this correction that I would like to make for my application for the application reference of my first UK visa, please advise the best way possible.

Looking forward to a response. Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Made a mistake in UK Naturalisation Application - typo in the reference number of previous visa application

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 am

Ihaveaquery wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:22 pm
Hi,

I have an ILR and this is regarding my UK naturalisation application, that I have submitted and have also uploaded all the scanned documents via UKVCAS IDV app as required, about 6 weeks ago.

I just found that I have made a minor mistake in my application, where it asks for reference number for the previously made UK Visa applications, I have mentioned incorrect reference number by mistake for the first Visa application I made to come to UK, the place of visa and date are correctly mentioned.

After coming to UK, I did get my visa extended twice and then got my ILR, I have mentioned these references and details correctly.

Is there any way in which I can amend my application, and if not, what is the best way to inform about this correction that I would like to make for my application for the application reference of my first UK visa, please advise the best way possible.

Looking forward to a response. Thanks.
The error shouldn't be a deal breaker. Where required the name, DoB abd subsequent correct reference numbers can be used in obtaining the correct initial application details.