ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens to me after partner receives ILR?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused12345
Newly Registered

What happens to me after partner receives ILR?

Post by confused12345 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:37 pm

I am currently on a PBS dependent visa. I do not myself yet qualify for ILR (have not spent 5 years in the UK). My spouse is currently on a Tier 1 visa and is now eligible to apply for ILR under 5-year route. The question is what should I do?
How can I extend my stay? What application I must submit. I have looked at extending PBS dependent status, but it only says you can apply as a partner of someone on the following visas.... and it gives a list. But ILR is not on the list. Or it means the main applicant visa before ILR?
Or should I apply to transfer to a spouse of ILR holder visa once my spouse is granted ILR?

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: What happens to me after partner receives ILR?

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 am

confused12345 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:37 pm
I am currently on a PBS dependent visa. I do not myself yet qualify for ILR (have not spent 5 years in the UK). My spouse is currently on a Tier 1 visa and is now eligible to apply for ILR under 5-year route. The question is what should I do?
How can I extend my stay? What application I must submit. I have looked at extending PBS dependent status, but it only says you can apply as a partner of someone on the following visas.... and it gives a list. But ILR is not on the list. Or it means the main applicant visa before ILR?
Or should I apply to transfer to a spouse of ILR holder visa once my spouse is granted ILR?

Thank you
You apply on the same route you're already on, PBS dependant.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

confused12345
Newly Registered

Post by confused12345 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:47 am

Thank you! So I just submit the PBS Dependant extension application correct? Would I do it after the partner's application is approved? or both need to go in at the same time?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:35 pm

confused12345 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:47 am
Thank you! So I just submit the PBS Dependant extension application correct? Would I do it after the partner's application is approved? or both need to go in at the same time?
That is correct - you use the PBS dependant extension.

You need to do it before your current visa expires. It is not linked to your partner's ILR application
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.