ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP expiry, few days short for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blueiris
Newly Registered
India

BRP expiry, few days short for ILR

Post by blueiris » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:18 pm

Good evening,
I have an urgent query please. I have applied for ILR on a 5 day priority as my BRP is expiring on 15th August.
My family members[wife and son], have their BRP expiring on the same day. They are eligible for ILR application after a month as they came after a month of me landing in UK.
My question is if I don't get my ILR before their BRP expires, how can I extend their visa? Can I go ahead and apply for an extension with my existingTier 2 visa?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: BRP expiry, few days short for ILR

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:30 am

blueiris wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:18 pm
Good evening,
I have an urgent query please. I have applied for ILR on a 5 day priority as my BRP is expiring on 15th August.
My family members[wife and son], have their BRP expiring on the same day. They are eligible for ILR application after a month as they came after a month of me landing in UK.
My question is if I don't get my ILR before their BRP expires, how can I extend their visa? Can I go ahead and apply for an extension with my existingTier 2 visa?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you.
You not having ILR yet does not mean wife and son can not apply though be mindful of timing. You need to make their application for extension before the expiration of current leave and vary the application to ILR when you get yours.

blueiris
Newly Registered
India

Re: BRP expiry, few days short for ILR

Post by blueiris » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 am

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.