ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric residence card renewal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Biometric residence card renewal

Post by evuhleen » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:22 am

I have received my Settled Status/Indefinite Leave to Remain from the Home Office and applied for a replacement BRC as my current one expires end of this month. The home office says a BRC will be sent in 10 days if I don’t have a valid one and the UKVCAS says I might be able to go without booking an appointment at the service centre if I have already given my fingerprints previously. But they have not sent me an email asking me to do my biometrics on the IDV app. Should I wait for an email from them or book an appointment at the Sopra Steria centre asap. I need my biometric residence card to return to the UK if I go abroad and I’m hoping this process will go quick as I have ILR and have already provided my biometrics a few years ago.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Biometric residence card renewal

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:04 pm

You will be notified if you can use the IDV app
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Post by evuhleen » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:05 am

Any idea how long it will take to know I can use the IDV app? Only asking as I’m due to travel out of the UK and would like to have my BRP in hand when I do. Also can’t believe the Home Office will not send a BRP card automatically when you have 2 weeks of validity left on it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:38 pm

evuhleen wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:05 am
Any idea how long it will take to know I can use the IDV app? Only asking as I’m due to travel out of the UK and would like to have my BRP in hand when I do. Also can’t believe the Home Office will not send a BRP card automatically when you have 2 weeks of validity left on it.
I am not sure how long it takes. You are responsible to apply to renew the card yourself. You should also note that a BRP renewal does not have such fast returns as far as I've seen. It has mostly taken applicants 4 to 6 months to get a replacement BRP. It has always been advised that you apply for a replacement within 6 months of expiry, not leaving it for the last minute :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Post by evuhleen » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks! Just that the messaging is confusing on the gov.uk site. It says this when I try to make an application for renewal of BRC - “Do not make an application for a replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) if you have recently made an application for leave to remain. If your application for leave is successful, you will be issued with a new BRP.”

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:01 pm

evuhleen wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:29 pm
Thanks! Just that the messaging is confusing on the gov.uk site. It says this when I try to make an application for renewal of BRC - “Do not make an application for a replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) if you have recently made an application for leave to remain. If your application for leave is successful, you will be issued with a new BRP.”
BRC and BRP are not the same thing.
Not your fault. Confusing as hell.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Post by evuhleen » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:12 pm

Timeline for BRC replacement from EEA residence card to EUSS residence card:

Received settled status - 08/09/2022
Applied for replacement BRC & booked appointment for Biometrics- 12/09/2022 (paid 132)
Biometric Appointment - 15/09/2022
Received email from APAD - 08/10/2022

Took about 4 weeks from making an application to receiving email from APAD.