ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions about documents to upload

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OscarFSZ
Newly Registered
Ukraine

A few questions about documents to upload

Post by OscarFSZ » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 pm

Dear members,

A long time reader and finally a first time poster. The forum has been fantastic source of information over the past 10 years or so for me so thank you everyone so far.

I have finally applied for naturalisation and have my UKVCAS appointment booked for next month. However, I do have a couple of questions re documents to upload.

"Proof of living in the UK for 5 years" - do I need to upload the scans of every passport page that contain UK entry stamps?

If the answer to the above point is yes - I was on a trip (04.10.2017 - 14.10.2017) shortly after current passports issue date (11.09.2017) that I cannot see the entry stamp for and I believe I may have travelled on my old passport before collecting my current passport from the embassy. May this cause an issue? And if so, should I instead upload my P60's?

Referees declarations. Do I simply upload them? I'm just slightly confused as I don't see the point of writing my name on the back of my photo and then gluing it to the form. It's not difficult to do but surely the writing on the back of my photo will not be visible on the scan or am I missing something?

For the KoLL, both were met during my IRL settlement application back in 2014 so I understand that I've met the requirement then, my understanding is that I don't have to upload the certificates.

Lastly, apart from the above, my passport and my IRL BRP card, I can't really see that there's anything else to upload, have I missed anything?

Apologies if especially the last two paragraphs are very generic and often asked questions but I would really appreciate someones assistance.

Thank you in advance.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: A few questions about documents to upload

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:01 pm

OscarFSZ wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 pm
Dear members,

A long time reader and finally a first time poster. The forum has been fantastic source of information over the past 10 years or so for me so thank you everyone so far.

I have finally applied for naturalisation and have my UKVCAS appointment booked for next month. However, I do have a couple of questions re documents to upload.

"Proof of living in the UK for 5 years" - do I need to upload the scans of every passport page that contain UK entry stamps? Upload the full scanned passport.

If the answer to the above point is yes - I was on a trip (04.10.2017 - 14.10.2017) shortly after current passports issue date (11.09.2017) that I cannot see the entry stamp for and I believe I may have travelled on my old passport before collecting my current passport from the embassy. May this cause an issue? And if so, should I instead upload my P60's? Declare it in the cover letter. Do you still have the old passport to check?

Referees declarations. Do I simply upload them? I'm just slightly confused as I don't see the point of writing my name on the back of my photo and then gluing it to the form. It's not difficult to do but surely the writing on the back of my photo will not be visible on the scan or am I missing something? No need to write your name on the back of the photo, you can do everything digitally and simply upload it.

For the KoLL, both were met during my IRL settlement application back in 2014 so I understand that I've met the requirement then, my understanding is that I don't have to upload the certificates. Not sure what you mean?

Lastly, apart from the above, my passport and my IRL BRP card, I can't really see that there's anything else to upload, have I missed anything? English language, passport, BRP and referee forms - I think that si all you will need.

Apologies if especially the last two paragraphs are very generic and often asked questions but I would really appreciate someones assistance.

Thank you in advance.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:16 am

OscarFSZ wrote:
Referees declarations. Do I simply upload them? I'm just slightly confused as I don't see the point of writing my name on the back of my photo and then gluing it to the form. It's not difficult to do but surely the writing on the back of my photo will not be visible on the scan or am I missing something?
You are not missing anything, and you are correct in understanding that you don't need to write your name on the back of pictures. It's all legacy instructions from when everything was handled in physical form. This has caused confusion since we know you only upload a pdf, but luckily we have all been very actively discussing the topic.

See my original post about the referee form being possibly to do entirely online, instead of printing and scanning it (and hence you'll never have any "back of picture" in the first place) here.

And other posts of people having the same question:

british-citizenship/referee-declaration ... l#p2089578
british-citizenship/referee-declaration ... 32752.html
british-citizenship/referee-form-question-t331887.html
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

OscarFSZ
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by OscarFSZ » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:47 am

Thank you @contorted_svy.

By KoLL I meant English Language and Life in the UK tests that I had to pass when applying for a settlement/ILR back in 2014. Back then I had ESOL B1 which I believe is no longer accepted but the fact that I used it to obtain my ILR means I no longer need to pass another test, I believe. And my question was whether I should still upload that ESOL B1 cert as well as Life in the UK cert which I have also used when applying for ILR back in 2014.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:50 am

For the KoLL, both were met during my IRL settlement application back in 2014 so I understand that I've met the requirement then, my understanding is that I don't have to upload the certificates.
You need to upload your LITUK again. Some people get ILR without having to do it. Example are bereaved partners.

Also, upload both passports to show missing travel date.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

OscarFSZ
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by OscarFSZ » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:51 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:16 am
OscarFSZ wrote:
You are not missing anything, and you are correct in understanding that you don't need to write your name on the back of pictures. It's all legacy instructions from when everything was handled in physical form. This has caused confusion since we know you only upload a pdf, but luckily we have all been very actively discussing the topic.

See my original post about the referee form being possibly to do entirely online, instead of printing and scanning it (and hence you'll never have any "back of picture" in the first place) here.

And other posts of people having the same question:

british-citizenship/referee-declaration ... l#p2089578
british-citizenship/referee-declaration ... 32752.html
british-citizenship/referee-form-question-t331887.html
Thank you @kamoe

OscarFSZ
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by OscarFSZ » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:53 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:50 am
You need to upload your LITUK again. Some people get ILR without having to do it. Example are bereaved partners.

Also, upload both passports to show missing travel date.
Thank you @Ticktack

Unfortunately I don't have old passport as it was retained by the embassy upon the issue of my current passport.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:56 pm

OscarFSZ wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:47 am
Thank you @contorted_svy.

By KoLL I meant English Language and Life in the UK tests that I had to pass when applying for a settlement/ILR back in 2014. Back then I had ESOL B1 which I believe is no longer accepted but the fact that I used it to obtain my ILR means I no longer need to pass another test, I believe. And my question was whether I should still upload that ESOL B1 cert as well as Life in the UK cert which I have also used when applying for ILR back in 2014.
You need to provide proof of Life in the UK exam (it is usually a reference number or a certificate), and tick the box that you are using a language test you used for a previous application, and provide details. The checklist at the end will confirm what you exactly need to upload.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.