ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Rejection reason - issue with bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

R053992

Tier 1 Rejection reason - issue with bank statement

Post by R053992 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 am

Hi,

Please take note of the rejection reason provided by case worker. This should put an end to the debate of whether bank statements NOT on official stationery of bank and NOT supported by a letter from the bank are admissible, either for previous earnings or for maintenance fund.

case worker's comments for previous earnings:

Paragraph 123 of the policy guidance for Tier 1 PBS states that:
"Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company
headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic"

case worker's comment for maintenance funds:

"You have provided a bank statement which purports to have been issued by XXXX Bank. However, although the document bears the bank's official stamp, it is not printed on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation. You have not provided any other evidence on official headed paper from the bank in support of your application..."

It can be concluded that the only time bank statements not on official stationery can be considered is if the statement is supported by a letter from the bank stating that such statement is genuine.

Has anybody gone for this option - statements not on official stationery but letter from bank stating that such statement is geniune ?

Thanks
Sid

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:02 pm

According to HSMP guidance, the bank statement you submit should have the following things mentioned in it:

the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the fi nancial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the three-month period;
• that there are suffi cient funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate).

If the statement is online then you need a letter from bank confirming the genuineness of the statement.

if the statement you submitted which was signed and stamped on normal A4 paper but did not have the name and coloured logo (usually printed on all kind of official statariony) of the bank then this could be the thing missing in your statement and could have lead to refusal.

erravi
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Rejection reason - issue with bank statement

Post by erravi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Which VFS you have applied. Have you applied from India.
R053992 wrote:Hi,

Please take note of the rejection reason provided by case worker. This should put an end to the debate of whether bank statements NOT on official stationery of bank and NOT supported by a letter from the bank are admissible, either for previous earnings or for maintenance fund.

"Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company

"You have provided a bank statement which purports to have been issued by XXXX Bank. However, although the document bears the bank's official stamp, it is not printed on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation. You have not provided any other evidence on official headed paper from the bank in support of your application..."

It can be concluded that the only time bank statements not on official stationery can be considered is if the statement is supported by a letter from the bank stating that such statement is genuine.

Has anybody gone for this option - statements not on official stationery but letter from bank stating that such statement is geniune ?

Thanks
Sid

R053992

Post by R053992 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Yes, I applied from Mumbai, India

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm

R053992 wrote:Yes, I applied from Mumbai, India
R053992,
You can ask for Administrative review.
now rule got changed.

Page 35 of Tier1 General Guidence clearly states that
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

R053992

Post by R053992 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:52 am

Thanks Dingdon,

There were a couple of other problems with my documents - payslips signed but not stamped, and current financial year's tax docs not submitted. Lets see the outcome of this fresh application.

Sid

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:58 pm

I'm assuming current year tax docs are NOT required if you are already submitting payslips and bank statements as your two different sources, right?

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:59 am

Your assumption is right. If its not too much trouble getting current year's tax docs then go for it.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:03 am

i have my 2007 tax docs... but not the 2008 ones...
that'll take about another month... or can they be available earlier?
dont think so...

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:20 am

I got a letter from my employer stating the total tax deducted for current financial year(since April 2008). This is a valid doc as listed in one of the forms I filled up for Tier 1.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:06 am

so can we bank on this: "Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement."

If I go by the document on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
...then I do not need the bank letter, only the stamp...BUT!!!...
but I ALSO must abide by the "no more than 7 days" old rule stated in this document. I know effective Dec-08-08 this was changed to "no more than one month", but the document that states this, also states that the online bank statement NEEDS to be accompanied by the bank letter....

A little confusing and frustrating, is it not?

Advise, comments? what's your point of view on this?

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:03 am

Since my application got rejected last month I did not take any chance and spent considerable effort to try and cover my mule in all possible ways. I provided stamped,signed payslips, stamped,signed(all pages) bank statement on official stationery, letter from bank for maintenance fund, letter from employer for current year tax deductions.

I read a post yesterday that an application was rejected because a degree taught at IIM Calcuta was not proved to be in English. IIMs are the premier management institutes of India! So we need to follow the guidance to the letter. Its another matter that sometimes the guidance and the official websites point to different directions.

My take is - do your best but dont worry too much!

If you have the time then call up BHC, Border Agency people and point out the discrepancies, seek their advice. Wait out this uncertain period if you can.

Sid

rkbansal83
Newly Registered

Post by rkbansal83 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi,

Can you please provide (either on this forum or email me at rkbansal83@gmail.com) the format of maintenance letter that is required to be obtained from the bank.

That would be of gr8 help

has anybody taken such a letter from ICICI bank...? i went there and they are not ready to give me such a letter

Thanks
-Ravi

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 pm

This is all I could get, do you think I'm ok.
Bank #1: Bank-printed statement, signed and stamped, less than 7 days old.
Bank #2: Original bank statements received by post mail, more than 7 days old, but less than one month old.

Both Banks cover enough maintenance of funds individually. Neither comes with a supporting bank letter. Bank #2 does not need one as the statements are original, but they are more than 7 days old, which per the new guidance, it should be ok.

Both banks were so useless when it came to getting letters from them...

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 pm

delete
Last edited by NYCStacey on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:43 pm

delete
Last edited by NYCStacey on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:46 pm

(how do I delete double post?)
Last edited by NYCStacey on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:49 pm

double

priya_bhosale

Re: Tier 1 Rejection reason - issue with bank statement

Post by priya_bhosale » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:37 pm

R053992 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Sid
One question - Did you provide the bank statements on an ordinary paper with the bank stamping on each page? In other words did it not have the bank's name and logo printed on it?

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Priya

the bank statement was on ordinary paper. it did not have the bank name or logo on it.

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:28 am

Yes in my opinion thats the reason - it didnt have bank logo on it

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi R053992,

I have a doubt: The bank statment (the bank statement was on ordinary paper. it did not have the bank name or logo on it.) you are talking about was the one which you have provided the first time, when unfortunately ur application got rejected..right?

And I think, as you have again applied for visa and this time you porvided Bank statement on official stationery. So did this means that this bank statement has bank Name and Logo on this.

Waiting for your repsonse.

Regards
R053992 wrote:Hi Priya

the bank statement was on ordinary paper. it did not have the bank name or logo on it.

R053992

Post by R053992 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 am

hi Piyush

thats right. this time the statement is on official stationery, with bank name and logo in it in color.

Sid

vineet.b5

Post by vineet.b5 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 am

One doubt for statement: Does it matter if i give bank statements from Delhi though i have account in Bangalore and I’ll b applying from Bangalore.....
I prefer Delhi as I know somebody in ICICI there, and it will be easy for me to get all the statements and bank letter in proper format. Also, they will be respond Integra properly. the bankers in Bangalore are reluctant to give their phone numbers for Integra checks.

R053992

Post by R053992 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:14 am

the statement should have your bangalore address on it. thats what matters. Integra is no more, but BHC may verify by calling whatever phone nos you provide, prefarably of the branch where you have your account. it may look suspicious if you provide phone nos of some other branch other than your 'home' branch. provide as many phone nos of the bangalore branch as you can. these can be board nos or individual direct nos. but not phonebanking nos. and mention in the cover letter that please can your account details be verified by visiting the branch if the bank does not entertain verification phone calls.