ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise for illegals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bebe2

advise for illegals

Post by bebe2 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:39 am

haven heard and read a lot of stuff this week ,illegals dont get comfortable if you are lucky enough to be working INVEST IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY dont be fooled by the shiny light of picadilly circus ignore the designers and brand name, the nice cars the temptation to say I OWN MY HOME especially mortgages bcos when they come for you ,
you will be dragged out of bed with your pyjamas and taken to deportation centre and all your stuff forfeited and if you are one of those those that have ignored home u will have rude awakening.
hi

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:10 pm

whoa..very bitter
Skeptic

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:42 am

I do not think she is bitter, she has done a lot of research this week and found out the reality of the situation with illegal’s in the UK. I think she means the post as a good faith warning to people who might think that establishing a life in the UK with all the trappings that may bring is not a benefit or a prevention to removal if your here as an illegal.

I think it is better read as take what you can while in the UK but invest in your future in your own country as that is where you are going to be sent back to if you are here illegally.

Beb2 can correct me if I am misguided.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 am

thanks frontier mole

thats exactly wat at am saying.
hi

scorpiolady

Re: advise for illegals

Post by scorpiolady » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:37 pm

bebe2 wrote:haven heard and read a lot of stuff this week ,illegals dont get comfortable if you are lucky enough to be working INVEST IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY dont be fooled by the shiny light of picadilly circus ignore the designers and brand name, the nice cars the temptation to say I OWN MY HOME especially mortgages bcos when they come for you ,
you will be dragged out of bed with your pyjamas and taken to deportation centre and all your stuff forfeited and if you are one of those those that have ignored home u will have rude awakening.
Posts like this do not contribute in a positive way to the forum members who come on here asking advice about their own personal circumstances
Scorpiolady

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:41 pm

The forum is not all about sweetness and light. Every eight minutes another illegal is removed from the country, that is the reality of the situation.

The forum now represents all sides of the equation fairly well with a fair number of immigration lawyers, UKBA personnel and of course the majority migrants now posting on a regular basis.

To say the Bebe2 post is not helpful - not helpful to whom?
Those misguided soles that believe that owning property in the UK will stop them being removed?
The fact that some of the idiots think they "contribute" through illegal working and believe this is a good point for UK plc?
The fact that illegal’s see everything from a me me me perspective?

The forum is a good source of immigration advice for some as well as being a reality check for others.

All views and opinions are open to discussion; it is certainly not restricted to those that are seen as helpful or pro migrants. I would have been off the forum months ago if that was the case :wink:

joe777

Post by joe777 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:28 pm

the forum is an immigration forum, for all those seeking advice, whether it be highly skilled or skilled workers, students, those seeking family permits, illegal immigrants, and even the Brit who is married to a non European like myself.

and maybe many on here don't realise some Brits have a difficult time bring with partner here, and in some ways Europeans in the UK have a easier time than the Brit.

and as for judging others on here who i don't know, why shouldn't i say something when it effects me what they do, because of the abuse of the visitor visa by some people, the chances of getting one for my wife's family to come and visit her here are small. :cry:

scorpiolady

Post by scorpiolady » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:05 am

joe777 wrote:the forum is an immigration forum, for all those seeking advice, whether it be highly skilled or skilled workers, students, those seeking family permits, illegal immigrants, and even the Brit who is married to a non European like myself.

and maybe many on here don't realise some Brits have a difficult time bring with partner here, and in some ways Europeans in the UK have a easier time than the Brit.

and as for judging others on here who i don't know, why shouldn't i say something when it effects me what they do, because of the abuse of the visitor visa by some people, the chances of getting one for my wife's family to come and visit her here are small. :cry:
Agreed!!!
Scorpiolady

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:26 am

(...) because of the abuse of the visitor visa by some people, the chances of getting one for my wife's family to come and visit her here are small.
Same here.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm

bebe2 wrote:haven heard and read a lot of stuff this week ,illegals dont get comfortable if you are lucky enough to be working INVEST IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY dont be fooled by the shiny light of picadilly circus ignore the designers and brand name, the nice cars the temptation to say I OWN MY HOME especially mortgages bcos when they come for you ,
bebe2 sounds like you're speaking from near personal experience. And as pointed out earlier a bit bitter too. Why else post on a forum without specifying the particular issue?

The word illegal is very emotive. One day you could be legit, the next you could be illegal. And not even be aware of that fact. Perhaps someone arrived as a child and went through the system (school, university, career, mortage). It does happen.

Not every illegal immigrant gets there by the same dishonest route.
Oh, the drama...!

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 08, 2009 7:55 pm

jei2 wrote:
bebe2 sounds like you're speaking from near personal experience. And as pointed out earlier a bit bitter too. Why else post on a forum without specifying the particular issue?

The word illegal is very emotive. One day you could be legit, the next you could be illegal. And not even be aware of that fact. Perhaps someone arrived as a child and went through the system (school, university, career, mortage). It does happen.

Not every illegal immigrant gets there by the same dishonest route.
FM sounds very emotional when it comes to posts concerning illegals. If i may ask, who are the illegals? There are far more senior members in the industry, i.e barristers who will even convince the judiciary that no one is illegal. The differrence is the way you interprete someone's sucumustance.Being judgmental & taking matters personal will not yeiled any good results to members,no matter how much you think your advise is helpfull to them on this forum. Besides the site has got differrent forums, & i guess some members are giving advise on awrong forum.This one is for those who are sick & they need a doctor.I can't see any idiots as FM calls them, finding time to post there articles on this forum.And i also doubt, that an idiot can study, establish a family & also aquires a mortgage while the legal one can go homeless, & even fail to find a basic job.I would rather say its how one choses to use there time. On this note, am sorry if anyone is offended by my comment.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 08, 2009 10:10 pm

joe777 wrote:the forum is an immigration forum, for all those seeking advice, whether it be highly skilled or skilled workers, students, those seeking family permits, illegal immigrants, and even the Brit who is married to a non European like myself.

Joe i may say you are right to some extent, but not acurate. The fact that you fail be secure a visit visa for your wife's family, should'nt be wholely blamed on those who abuse the visa conditions. There anumber of issue which determines some's eligability to be issued with a visit visa. Differrent foreign missions, uses differrent scales or points. It will also depend on the personal sucumustances of the applicant.The Uk choses to rise their points for differrent reasons we all know.

1. Global terrarisim is the most important factor now that many countries have to carry out extensive checks on applicants b4 issueing them with visas.

2.Previous travel experience also matters.

3.Knowledge of the Uk, no matter whether one has been to the Uk b4 or not.

4. And how did your wife go to UK? Was she an illegal as well & then legalised her status? this matters very much as they will expect whoever you will invite might take the same route like your wife.

5. And i think, though am not so sure that there is a quota system.Some embassies have got acertain limit to the number of visas they issue every year.

Now it will depend on what time of the year you invite your relatives, what they are comming to do, has there been any previous communication between them & your wife? Proof of enough accomodation for you, your children & wife to share with the visitor as well as enough funds depending on how long the person is going to spend in UK.

Lastly i dont think anyone has ever been issued with a refusal letter wording that due to the number of illegals in the UK, we are not convincied that when issued with a visa you will be able to come back.

However the letter might state that having put your sucumustaces into our consideration,the ECO is not satisfied that when you go to uk you will come back.