ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Document Checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Questions

Post by simpleoptimist » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:52 pm

Hello,

I used this board to help me with some questions back when I was completing my husband's spouse visa, so I've come with more now that we're coming up to completing his FLR(M), which I assume is the correct next step in the process.

I have seen some people say that we should apply either 1. 28 days before 30 months are over (he arrived March 2020 therefore 30 months is September 2022) or 2. a month before his visa runs out, which is mid-November 2022 (therefore application to be sent in October). Which of the two above is correct?

Hubby's passport runs out January 2023. Should we apply for a new one now or complete the application for FLR and then apply?

In terms of the finances for the FLR application, we previously completed the spouse visa using my salary (Cat B). I have been on maternity leave since March 2021 and this ended mid December 2021. I am currently pregnant again and my second maternity leave will start around March 2022 for a similar end of December 2022. Once my first maternity leave ended I used my annual leave to remain off work until the date set for the new leave.

With this in mind, will I still be able to use the 6 months payslips before my FIRST maternity leave to show my income is over the required amount, along with a letter from my workplace highlighting that I am still fully employed by them and will be returning to work December 2022? Or will I have to either complete the finance side of the application using my income & hubby's/my income & savings? It's very confusing, I know lol.

Final question, which may seem silly to ask. Both children will be British citizens, as I am, but I just wanted confirmation that they wouldn't be classed as dependents on the application. I do have to name them in the application however in the specific section I can't remember the name to now.

Thanks for reading and for any help provided.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Questions

Post by simpleoptimist » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:37 am

Bumping this up to see if anyone can help?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:20 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:52 pm
Hello,

I used this board to help me with some questions back when I was completing my husband's spouse visa, so I've come with more now that we're coming up to completing his FLR(M), which I assume is the correct next step in the process.

I have seen some people say that we should apply either 1. 28 days before 30 months are over (he arrived March 2020 therefore 30 months is September 2022) or 2. a month before his visa runs out, which is mid-November 2022 (therefore application to be sent in October). Which of the two above is correct?

You can apply once you have completed 30 months in the UK so if that is in September 2022 then, this is fine and so if he has up to 28 days left on his visa, it will be transfer unto his future leave. He would be granted in excess of 31 months.

Hubby's passport runs out January 2023. Should we apply for a new one now or complete the application for FLR and then apply? Passport is still valid when you intend to apply so this is fine.

In terms of the finances for the FLR application, we previously completed the spouse visa using my salary (Cat B). I have been on maternity leave since March 2021 and this ended mid December 2021. I am currently pregnant again and my second maternity leave will start around March 2022 for a similar end of December 2022. Once my first maternity leave ended I used my annual leave to remain off work until the date set for the new leave.

Apply using income before the commencement of maternity.

With this in mind, will I still be able to use the 6 months payslips before my FIRST maternity leave to show my income is over the required amount, along with a letter from my workplace highlighting that I am still fully employed by them and will be returning to work December 2022? Or will I have to either complete the finance side of the application using my income & hubby's/my income & savings? It's very confusing, I know lol.

Final question, which may seem silly to ask. Both children will be British citizens, as I am, but I just wanted confirmation that they wouldn't be classed as dependents on the application. I do have to name them in the application however in the specific section I can't remember the name to now. '

They are not a dependent for the sake of immigration purpose because they are both not subjected to immigration control.

Thanks for reading and for any help provided.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

Post by simpleoptimist » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:32 pm

But which maternity do you mean? The first one? If so, I'd just need to provide 6 months of pay slips, right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:23 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:32 pm

But which maternity do you mean? The first one? If so, I'd just need to provide 6 months of pay slips, right?
Did you return to same employer after first maternity and with them till your next maternity starts?

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

Post by simpleoptimist » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:53 pm

@AmazonianX

Yes, I've been with the same employer for over 10 years and my contract is still fully in place with the pay over the required amount.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:43 pm

It looks like a tricky one because the first maternity has ended in December 2021 and you returned back to work after then and your second maternity will start in March 2022 which means your income during previous maternity will still be low so I do think you can still reuse your maternity during the first maternity.

You probably should write a cover letter explaining this.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:56 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:53 pm
@AmazonianX

Yes, I've been with the same employer for over 10 years and my contract is still fully in place with the pay over the required amount.
You should have no issue with using payslips for the 6months preceeding maternity.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

Post by simpleoptimist » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:16 pm

Hello, thanks for confirming I can use the 6 month payslips preceding the first maternity leave and writing a cover letter explaining this.

Am I correct in assuming I'd still need a letter from my employer explaining that my job is safe and I've been getting mat leave/annual leave pay from them as well? And would I need to show my payslips for the 6 months before the application is submitted to show I'm receiving mat pay, just as a way to prove it's all legit? Or do I stick to the 6 months prior as above? I'm worried I may end up showing too much or too little with this, as it's a tricky one.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:47 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:16 pm
Hello, thanks for confirming I can use the 6 month payslips preceding the first maternity leave and writing a cover letter explaining this.

Am I correct in assuming I'd still need a letter from my employer explaining that my job is safe and I've been getting mat leave/annual leave pay from them as well? Yes And would I need to show my payslips for the 6 months before the application is submitted to show I'm receiving mat pay, just as a way to prove it's all legit? Or do I stick to the 6 months prior as above? I'm worried I may end up showing too much or too little with this, as it's a tricky one. It wouldn't be too much, just ensure you explain clearly which account statements and payslips covers what period and reason for showing or providing

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

Visa Immigration Website Issue

Post by simpleoptimist » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:37 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to access the visa immigration service website so I can complete my spouse's visa extension but the site isn't working at all. All I keep getting is a 'This site can't be reached' message, and this is using the link on the official gov.uk website. Hubby's visa runs out next month so tomorrow is the 28th day before to apply. I'd thought to get all my evidence together before applying but I didn't even consider the website wouldn't even be working! (I'm assuming this may be to do with the influx of Ukrainian applications or just general govt messiness?) Can anyone help with what I can do?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visa Immigration Website Issue

Post by Ticktack » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:58 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:37 pm
Hello all,

I'm trying to access the visa immigration service website so I can complete my spouse's visa extension but the site isn't working at all. All I keep getting is a 'This site can't be reached' message, and this is using the link on the official gov.uk website. Hubby's visa runs out next month so tomorrow is the 28th day before to apply. I'd thought to get all my evidence together before applying but I didn't even consider the website wouldn't even be working! (I'm assuming this may be to do with the influx of Ukrainian applications or just general govt messiness?) Can anyone help with what I can do?
The Ukrainians have nothing to do with it. It's just your browser acting up. Try using chrome.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Re: Visa Immigration Website Issue

Post by secret.simon » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:51 pm

To expand on @Ticktack's point, try basic internet troubleshooting first.

Use a different browser, a different system, different network, restarting system/router, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Document Checklist

Post by simpleoptimist » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi all,

I've completed and sent off my husband's FLR(M) visa application online and booked the biometric appointment for the beginning of next month and am going to upload all of the documents tomorrow. Could someone take a look at the below to see if I've either missed anything or overcomplicated things? I'd be most appreciative.

ID:
Applicant BRP
Applicant Passport Copy
Sponsor Passport Copy (only the photo page - is all of it needed to be copied?)

Correspondence:

Nov 20 – Applicant Bank statement / Sponsor Car Insurance letter & policy naming both
Feb 21 – Joint Water bill
Mar 21 – Joint Council Tax bill
Jul 21 – Applicant Bank statement / Sponsor NHS letter
Nov 21 – Applicant NHS letter / Sponsor NHS letter
Feb 22 – Joint Water bill
Mar 22 – Joint Council Tax bill
Jul 22 – Applicant NHS letter / Sponsor
Oct 22 – Applicant Bank statement (or BT bill) / Sponsor Bank statement

Does the above look ok and should I take anything out? We only had joint letters for the council tax and water bills but as you can see they're literally a month apart from each other. *facepalm*

Accommodation: I own home solely so we made a note of this in the application. I have provided land registry title plan, council tax bill dated March 2022 and gas/elec bill for the same month, as well as the copy of my passport as it was asked for in the checklist. I also wrote a letter that I am happy for my husband to live there indefinitely.

Relationship: Marriage certificate

Non-applying children: Birth certificates and gas/elec bill dated January to prove mother's (i.e. my address) address. I've also got copies of their passports - should I include those or are they not needed? It's not on the checklist but I feel they're useful for the application.

Employment/Financial: I will be my husband's sponsor and meet the financial requirements through salary, although I have been off on two separate maternity leaves since March 2021. As such, I will provide:

Previous 6 months payslips (Sept 20 - Mar 21)
Previous 6 months bank statements showing payments made (Oct 20 - Mar 21)
P60 to cover the period before my first maternity leave showing my pay to be above the financial requirement.
In line with the guidance in the appendix I've got a letter from HR confirming the following:
- length of employment
- gross annual salary and period over which it's been paid at this level
- maternity entitlement
- dates of commencement and end-date of maternity/ies

Since I have been on leave my pay has increased a few times, and I therefore put the salary at the time I went off on the first leave rather than my current salary as I was aware that the monthly pay wouldn't correspond to the payslips for that time. I hope that was ok? I made a note of this in my cover letter.

Language Requirements: LanguageCert B1 certificate

Signed declaration for spouse (myself)

Consent for Home Office to verify
Part 1 - Applicant (husband)
Part 2 - Sponsor (myself)
Part 3 - Should I scan this with N/A?

I was also wondering whether I should mention that my husband (applicant) is currently working part-time but is also working to build his own wholesale clothing business here in the UK. He isn't making enough for the application hence me being the sponsor. Should I include his payslips or leave it with my details?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) Document Checklist

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:32 am

simpleoptimist wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:19 pm
Hi all,

I've completed and sent off my husband's FLR(M) visa application online and booked the biometric appointment for the beginning of next month and am going to upload all of the documents tomorrow. Could someone take a look at the below to see if I've either missed anything or overcomplicated things? I'd be most appreciative.

ID:
Applicant BRP
Applicant Passport Copy
Sponsor Passport Copy (only the photo page - is all of it needed to be copied?)

Correspondence:

Nov 20 – Applicant Bank statement / Sponsor Car Insurance letter & policy naming both
Feb 21 – Joint Water bill
Mar 21 – Joint Council Tax bill
Jul 21 – Applicant Bank statement / Sponsor NHS letter
Nov 21 – Applicant NHS letter / Sponsor NHS letter
Feb 22 – Joint Water bill
Mar 22 – Joint Council Tax bill
Jul 22 – Applicant NHS letter / Sponsor
Oct 22 – Applicant Bank statement (or BT bill) / Sponsor Bank statement

Does the above look ok and should I take anything out? We only had joint letters for the council tax and water bills but as you can see they're literally a month apart from each other. *facepalm* looks OK

Accommodation: I own home solely so we made a note of this in the application. I have provided land registry title plan, council tax bill dated March 2022 and gas/elec bill for the same month, as well as the copy of my passport as it was asked for in the checklist. I also wrote a letter that I am happy for my husband to live there indefinitely.

Relationship: Marriage certificate

Non-applying children: Birth certificates and gas/elec bill dated January to prove mother's (i.e. my address) address. I've also got copies of their passports - should I include those or are they not needed? It's not on the checklist but I feel they're useful for the application. You may include

Employment/Financial: I will be my husband's sponsor and meet the financial requirements through salary, although I have been off on two separate maternity leaves since March 2021. As such, I will provide:

Previous 6 months payslips (Sept 20 - Mar 21)
Previous 6 months bank statements showing payments made (Oct 20 - Mar 21)
P60 to cover the period before my first maternity leave showing my pay to be above the financial requirement.
In line with the guidance in the appendix I've got a letter from HR confirming the following:
- length of employment
- gross annual salary and period over which it's been paid at this level
- maternity entitlement
- dates of commencement and end-date of maternity/ies

Since I have been on leave my pay has increased a few times, and I therefore put the salary at the time I went off on the first leave rather than my current salary as I was aware that the monthly pay wouldn't correspond to the payslips for that time. I hope that was ok? I made a note of this in my cover letter.

Language Requirements: LanguageCert B1 certificate

Signed declaration for spouse (myself)

Consent for Home Office to verify
Part 1 - Applicant (husband)
Part 2 - Sponsor (myself)
Part 3 - Should I scan this with N/A? Yes

I was also wondering whether I should mention that my husband (applicant) is currently working part-time but is also working to build his own wholesale clothing business here in the UK. He isn't making enough for the application hence me being the sponsor. Should I include his payslips or leave it with my details? Do not get CW confused, if using your employment to meet financial requirements no need to make any reference to your husband's employment status or include any financial information or documents of his

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered

Post by simpleoptimist » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could clarify something for me as I think I may have misunderstood something about our application. I was under the impression that we had time to upload all documents up until the biometric appointment but when I printed the document checklist from the application it said 10 days from when the application was made. I uploaded the documents at least 4 or 5 days after this date, partially due to some family issues (car got stolen which took time to sort out) as well as the aforementioned belief that it was ok to upload until the biometric appointment (which is Monday 5th Dec). Will the delay in uploading affect hubby's visa application and should I write up a letter explaining this before the biometric, in the hope the CW will understand? I can't believe I didn't spot the deadline given on the checklist after being so meticulous, but I think I gave it a quick glance the day the application was made and focused on the documentation required more.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:51 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:36 pm
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could clarify something for me as I think I may have misunderstood something about our application. I was under the impression that we had time to upload all documents up until the biometric appointment but when I printed the document checklist from the application it said 10 days from when the application was made. I uploaded the documents at least 4 or 5 days after this date, partially due to some family issues (car got stolen which took time to sort out) as well as the aforementioned belief that it was ok to upload until the biometric appointment (which is Monday 5th Dec). Will the delay in uploading affect hubby's visa application and should I write up a letter explaining this before the biometric, in the hope the CW will understand? I can't believe I didn't spot the deadline given on the checklist after being so meticulous, but I think I gave it a quick glance the day the application was made and focused on the documentation required more.
Can self upload till 2 days before appointment and if docs taken along to appointment the UKVCAS personnel can scan n upload for you. Don't know when the 10days before frame started