ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied in October 2008 fm Mumbai

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aakash31
Newly Registered

Applied in October 2008 fm Mumbai

Post by Aakash31 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Dear All

I applied for my tier 1 from Mumbai on 15th October. When i called the BHC around 24th Nov - they said that the report from Integra has been received by them and the visa should come in about a week. Its been 3 weeks since then - but there is no news on my visa. The status from VFS website and call centre is of no use.

Can someone please give me a mail id (i have seen a lot of members getting reply from the BHC) where i can write and get the status of my application.

Its been exactly two months since i applied - the wait is too long......

regards,

Aakash

pdhinoja
Newly Registered

Re: Applied in October 2008 fm Mumbai

Post by pdhinoja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:03 pm

Aakash,

The same case here. I have applied on 7th October but still I am awating for result.

I also got the same answer from BHC couple of weeks ago. Now even phone at BHC is constantly engaged. I am really frastrated.

I also write a mail 5-6 times but no reply.

Btw you can try at Bombay.visainquires@fco.gov.uk

Aakash31 wrote:Dear All

I applied for my tier 1 from Mumbai on 15th October. When i called the BHC around 24th Nov - they said that the report from Integra has been received by them and the visa should come in about a week. Its been 3 weeks since then - but there is no news on my visa. The status from VFS website and call centre is of no use.

Can someone please give me a mail id (i have seen a lot of members getting reply from the BHC) where i can write and get the status of my application.

Its been exactly two months since i applied - the wait is too long......

regards,

Aakash

Aakash31
Newly Registered

Post by Aakash31 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:32 am

Hi

I sent a mail on Bombay.visainquires@fco.gov.uk - about 2-3 weeks ago. Got a standard reply about the procedure for applying to visas. They also said if i had any specific enquiry - they will reply within 20 working days (which i obviously found weird).

I was going through some of the posts yesterday - and found that our friends in the South (Chennai, Bangalore & Hyderabad) have got thier visas in 10 - 15 working days. They also seem to have got proper responses from BHC. I guess both Delhi and Mumbai BHCs are really slow.

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:15 am

you are absolutly right bombay is slow and delhi is very very very slow :P

even though now integra has been removed still they are taking 50 days to give visa..

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:38 am

Is that true ?????

Then, it will be the same case for me ......also.

I applied for Tier 1 (General) at VFS Mumbai on Dec 05th. No statuses till now. I guess......I also need wait 50 days ????

I can't handle this....terrying waiting period.

Regards,
Suresh

Aakash31
Newly Registered

Post by Aakash31 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 am

hi Suresh,

It may not be that bad for you - as they have done away with Integra. Further, the home office had some problems (actually twice) - and so all visas applied around 10th october and again sometime in november were delayed.

Though, some ppl who applied in November - have already received their visas.

So, just keep your fingers crossed.

ciao.

sureshep wrote:Is that true ?????

Then, it will be the same case for me ......also.

I applied for Tier 1 (General) at VFS Mumbai on Dec 05th. No statuses till now. I guess......I also need wait 50 days ????

I can't handle this....terrying waiting period.

Regards,
Suresh

regina
Newly Registered

Post by regina » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:54 am

Is the mail address mentioned below, valid?? I send a mail twice yesterday and it bounced back, stating invalid address.

Can someone confirm if the email address Bombay.visainquires@fco.gov.uk is correct?

Aakash31 wrote:Hi

I sent a mail on Bombay.visainquires@fco.gov.uk - about 2-3 weeks ago. Got a standard reply about the procedure for applying to visas. They also said if i had any specific enquiry - they will reply within 20 working days (which i obviously found weird).

rahul429
Newly Registered

Post by rahul429 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 am

I applied on 22nd October from delhi , and still waiting.

Regards,
Rahul

raja2008
Newly Registered

Post by raja2008 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:12 pm

God help you people if you can't write enquiries spelling correctly..
Anyways don't want to offend anyone..

email address is bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk
regina wrote:Is the mail address mentioned below, valid?? I send a mail twice yesterday and it bounced back, stating invalid address.

Can someone confirm if the email address Bombay.visainquires@fco.gov.uk is correct?

Aakash31 wrote:Hi

Aakash31
Newly Registered

Post by Aakash31 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Guys,

Finally i got my tier 1 visa after a wait of 9 weeks. I am really happy - this is the best Christmas gift i could get.

Date of application: 15th October
Integra : No clue
Visa stamped: 19th December 08.

All the best to you all.

Merry Christmas & Happy new year

Ciao

pdhinoja
Newly Registered

Post by pdhinoja » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Akash,

I also finally got my visa stamped :-) great relief. it took 3 months exactly.

I applied on 7th October,2008 at BHC bombay. can anybody knows within how much time I will be in UK? and what will be the timeframe for dependents to come to UK?

Please share.

Best of luck to all members who are desperately wating for visa.

Regards,
parimal

pdhinoja
Newly Registered

Post by pdhinoja » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Guys

i am sorry. in my earlier post whay I need to know is : with in how much time I need to travel UK? someone says that I need to travel within 6 months and someone says that 3 months.

can somebody please guide?

Regards,
Parimal Dhinoja

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:32 am

pdhinoja wrote:Guys

i am sorry. in my earlier post whay I need to know is : with in how much time I need to travel UK? someone says that I need to travel within 6 months and someone says that 3 months.

can somebody please guide?

Regards,
Parimal Dhinoja
There is no rule that you have to enter UK within a timeframe. You can enter UK whenever you want within the 3 year period. But may pose a problem for you if you delay too much when you apply for extension after the expiry of this visa. Also if you want to apply for ILR down the line you would have to show continous stay in UK for 5 years, so you would have to work that out.

Also check the following thread on similiar lines.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=33921