ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help Tier -1 rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

subha2008
Newly Registered

Please help Tier -1 rejected

Post by subha2008 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:57 pm

I applied on the 8th of October and my application has been rejected due to the lack of maintenance funds.

On the 7th of October I got my bank statements, which clearly showed that I had sufficient funds from the 8th of July. So I assumed that I can had maintained for the minimum 3 months 8th July - 7th Oct

But the Entry clearance officer stated that from the 6th of July to 6th of October I did not have the minimum funds required in my account.

what should I do please advice

vnvijay

Re: Please help Tier -1 rejected

Post by vnvijay » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi,

Have mentioned in the covering letter, what is the start date & end date u have considered for the Fund Maintenance.

Have they given u admin review.

VJ
subha2008 wrote:I applied on the 8th of October and my application has been rejected due to the lack of maintenance funds.

On the 7th of October I got my bank statements, which clearly showed that I had sufficient funds from the 8th of July. So I assumed that I can had maintained for the minimum 3 months 8th July - 7th Oct

But the Entry clearance officer stated that from the 6th of July to 6th of October I did not have the minimum funds required in my account.

subha2008
Newly Registered

Post by subha2008 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:41 pm

vnvijay wrote:Hi,

Have mentioned in the covering letter, what is the start date & end date u have considered for the Fund Maintenance.

Have they given u admin review.

VJ

I did clearly state in my covering letter that I have maintained the funds for the period 8th July - 7th Oct. But on the online bank statements I got - it was stated stated that the statement end date is the 6th of October even though I got the statement on the 7th of October

I have been given the chance for admin review, but I'm not sure what chances I have

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 am

Your message is consfusing when you state words like " I assumed" as there can be no assumptions with authorities.

Let us know what is the exchange rate you had worked out.
What was the minimum amount maintained.
Mention the period.
Has the bank given you a letter confirming your statement.
Was it on a letter head.
Also let us know what was the exact feedback from BHC.

Maybe we can then have insight.

thanks.

subha2008
Newly Registered

Post by subha2008 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:57 am

Asif786 wrote:Your message is consfusing when you state words like " I assumed" as there can be no assumptions with authorities.

Mention the period.
Was it on a letter head.

thanks.
I know I just made an unforgivable mistake by assuming they might take the on-line statement print date as the last date, but they have taken the statement closing date.

The statements I provided were simple printouts taken at the bank which stated the statement print date and the statement closing date along with a letter from the manager confirming the authenticity of the documents.

In the refusal letter the ECO stated that I did not have the minimum 2800 pounds from the 6th of July to the 6th of October.

Even though I had the 2800 pounds from the 8th of July till the 7th of August the ECO would not have any of it.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 pm

subha2008 wrote:
Asif786 wrote:Your message is consfusing when you state words like " I assumed" as there can be no assumptions with authorities.

Mention the period.
Was it on a letter head.

thanks.
I know I just made an unforgivable mistake by assuming they might take the on-line statement print date as the last date, but they have taken the statement closing date.

The statements I provided were simple printouts taken at the bank which stated the statement print date and the statement closing date along with a letter from the manager confirming the authenticity of the documents.

In the refusal letter the ECO stated that I did not have the minimum 2800 pounds from the 6th of July to the 6th of October.

Even though I had the 2800 pounds from the 8th of July till the 7th of August the ECO would not have any of it.

This is seriously a matter of concern for me. Is one complete month not equal to 1st of that month to the 30th or 31st of that month. (For example how are salaries for 1 complete month calculated or how do we recieve month bank statements

So in this case they should have asked from 6th of July to 5t Oct
(6th July- 5th August
6th August - 5th September
6th September to 5th oct)

Why did they ask from 6th-6th which is 3 complete months+1 day and reject the application on that basis as mentioned in her letter

push

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:40 pm

did clearly state in my covering letter that I have maintained the funds for the period 8th July - 7th Oct. But on the online bank statements I got - it was stated stated that the statement end date is the 6th of October even though I got the statement on the 7th of October

I have been given the chance for admin review, but I'm not sure what chances I have
If the statement date is 6th October then the 3 month period for you would be 7th July to 6th October. You have mentioned above that the minimum balance was maintained between 8th July to 7th Oct - that means on 7th July the funds were below the required level using the coversion rate as applicable on 6th October (If I understand your post clearly) OR your statements did not have an entry for 7th July at all- hence the rejection I presume.

If this is the case then I have to say that the chances of approval post review too are not too bright mate.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:04 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
did clearly state in my covering letter that I have maintained the funds for the period 8th July - 7th Oct. But on the online bank statements I got - it was stated stated that the statement end date is the 6th of October even though I got the statement on the 7th of October

If the statement date is 6th October then the 3 month period for you would be 7th July to 6th October. You have mentioned above that the minimum balance was maintained between 8th July to 7th Oct - that means on 7th July the funds were below the required level using the coversion rate as applicable on 6th October (If I understand your post clearly) OR your statements did not have an entry for 7th July at all- hence the rejection I presume.

If this is the case then I have to say that the chances of approval post review too are not too bright mate.
Hi Push_HSMP,

Ths clearly solved my query, but it is mentioned in her letter by the BHC as 6th July to 6th Oct which is 3 complete months + 1 day.

Thats a matter of serious concern since the letter is from BHC. I have nevertheless e-mailed the BHC on this.

push

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:10 pm

That confuses me too. They also make mistakes. Lets wait for their response on your query. Do share it with us.
regards,
push

junoonistan
Newly Registered

Maintenance of Funds Rejection

Post by junoonistan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:00 am

Hi Guys. I am in London. Got my HSMP Approval letter in Sep. Applied for my visa stamp in October. Rejected a few days ago due to Maitenence of Funds basis with the reason that the account balance of my Barclays bank statement fell below £800 between 22 Sep and 26 Sep for only once whereas my closing balance was more than £3000 all the time. (I had supplied July, Aug and Sep bank statements) I made a stupid mistake as I thought that only the closing balance has to be more than 800. I have not maintained my account since then and my HSMP Approval letter expires on March 11. I really dont have much time to maintain another 3 month bank statement. By march 11 I will only have 76 days upto date bank statement.
Now during those dates (Sep 22) I had online transferred some money to my friend as he needed it to pay his rent. But he returned the money back to my account after 4 days on Sep 26. It was my money and he payed me back. My bank statement clearly shows that.
Basically that money had been in my account for several months and was my assett. The money didn't leave my account as part of my liability but as part of my assett.
Does anyone of you think it as a reasonable ground for review or appeal.

raghu0307

Re: Maintenance of Funds Rejection

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 am

junoonistan wrote:Hi Guys. I am in London. Got my HSMP Approval letter in Sep. Applied for my visa stamp in October. Rejected a few days ago due to Maitenence of Funds basis with the reason that the account balance of my Barclays bank statement fell below £800 between 22 Sep and 26 Sep for only once whereas my closing balance was more than £3000 all the time. (I had supplied July, Aug and Sep bank statements) I made a stupid mistake as I thought that only the closing balance has to be more than 800. I have not maintained my account since then and my HSMP Approval letter expires on March 11. I really dont have much time to maintain another 3 month bank statement. By march 11 I will only have 76 days upto date bank statement.
Now during those dates (Sep 22) I had online transferred some money to my friend as he needed it to pay his rent. But he returned the money back to my account after 4 days on Sep 26. It was my money and he payed me back. My bank statement clearly shows that.
Basically that money had been in my account for several months and was my assett. The money didn't leave my account as part of my liability but as part of my assett.
Hi Joonistan,

I am not sure about the exact rules in UK, but as I see the rules for us here in India and many of the previous cases, the funds in the account you are showing for maintenance should, at no time, be lesser than the required sum stated(here in India it is 2800 gbp). We also need to get a letter from the bankofficial stating the same for the period we are claiming. There is no harm in appealing nevertheless as I have heard, there are cases of those who have applied from UK have escaped many such discrepancies.

push

Post by push » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:53 am

junoonistan wrote:Hi Guys. I am in London. Got my HSMP Approval letter in Sep. Applied for my visa stamp in October. Rejected a few days ago due to Maitenence of Funds basis with the reason that the account balance of my Barclays bank statement fell below £800 between 22 Sep and 26 Sep for only once whereas my closing balance was more than £3000 all the time. (I had supplied July, Aug and Sep bank statements) I made a stupid mistake as I thought that only the closing balance has to be more than 800. I have not maintained my account since then and my HSMP Approval letter expires on March 11. I really dont have much time to maintain another 3 month bank statement. By march 11 I will only have 76 days upto date bank statement.

I am afraid not.
Last edited by push on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

ch15

Post by ch15 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi junoonistan,

I am in the similar situation!

I submitted my Tier 1 (General) application on the 27th Dec 2008, with all the needed documents.

I have included three months bank statement, all three have the CLOSING BALANCE of more than 800 pounds. But, there There are merely 4 DAYS in the statement show less than 800 pounds (700+).

I have another bank account statement, can prove the sufficient funds, but only for the 3 days (out of 4)!!!

So, even if I send the additional documents next week, I would be rejected too (due to that 1-day insufficient fund!).

I'd like to hear your experience and advice.

Regards

push

Post by push » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:53 pm

ch15 wrote:Hi junoonistan,

I am in the similar situation!

I submitted my Tier 1 (General) application on the 27th Dec 2008, with all the needed documents.

I have included three months bank statement, all three have the CLOSING BALANCE of more than 800 pounds. But, there There are merely 4 DAYS in the statement show less than 800 pounds (700+).

I have another bank account statement, can prove the sufficient funds, but only for the 3 days (out of 4)!!!

So, even if I send the additional documents next week, I would be rejected too (due to that 1-day insufficient fund!).

I'd like to hear your experience and advice.
Well its clear that you do not meet the maintenance fund criteria.
regards,
push

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:05 pm

When the tier 1 is rejected do they send you back all the documents or hold them till you file an appeal against the decision?

subha2008 wrote:I applied on the 8th of October and my application has been rejected due to the lack of maintenance funds.

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Same trouble here. I applied for TIER 1 on 24th November 08. Got rejection letter a week later. REASON: In October my balance fell below £800 in two occations (two entries only on the statement). So sorry mate NO ground for appeal. The rejection letter states clearly the ' You have no right of appeal'
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 pm

[quote="raghu0307"]When the tier 1 is rejected do they send you back all the documents or hold them till you file an appeal against the decision?

When TIER 1 is rejected you have NO right of appeal. So basically you cant appeal and your £750 is lost 4ever. Secondly they only return the passports and original documents after making copies which they retain. They dont return photos and application forms.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Did you get the documents back with the rejection letter?

munisa wrote:

Same trouble here. I applied for TIER 1 on 24th November 08. Got rejection letter a week later. REASON: In October my balance fell below £800 in two occations (two entries only on the statement). So sorry mate NO ground for appeal. The rejection letter states clearly the ' You have no right of appeal'

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:59 pm

[quote="raghu0307"]Did you get the documents back with the rejection letter?

raghu0307,
They keep the application forms and photos. They scan all pages of everything else you sent them and return the originals. The rejection letter states clearly that should you want to reapply in the future, you MUST include ALL the documents you had sent with the rejected application = another ground for refusal if you miss to send any single one or page as they already have copies to compare with.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Guys...

Since 26th sept is the date when the funds went below 800£....Can junoonistan, put a fresh application again showing Maintenance funds from 27 Sep - 28th dec (3months) if he has maintained... ?????

Btw.. what should be the time diffrence to make a fresh applicaiton, after rejection and with no review chances? any idea guys just for Info...

cheers..

Kitts
Newly Registered

rejection maintenance

Post by Kitts » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi All,

In my latest 3 months payslips (not in bank statements) the details of repayment of personal loan is reflecting.

Please let me know whether this will cause any issues in maintenance criteria?

(I took the loan from employer and the loan is required to repay in full when I leave the employment, however there is no indication of this matter in any of the document submitted. Will the immigration officer assess liability referring from payslips?)

Regards, Kitts

erasani1
Newly Registered

Post by erasani1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 am

i dont think it will cause any problem. even i had a CITIBANK personal loan which shown up in my payslip and couple of other loans gets deducted from my bank account. i got my visa stamped on 13th jan.

Kitts
Newly Registered

Post by Kitts » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks erasani1 for the reply.

1 quick doubt : how's ur CITIBANK PL shown in your payslips, rather it should be shown in your bank statements only, right??

Regards, Kitts.