ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wend73
Newly Registered

Travel abroad query

Post by wend73 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 am

Hi all,

I am planning to travel abroad in September with my new wife (she is a UK citizen and we got married 6 months ago). Two years ago I got my residence card/settled status (non-EU citizen, applied under EUSS scheme as a spouse of EU citizen) and got divorced a year after. My question is: Do I have to let Home Office know about the change in my circumstances (re-married) and will we have any issues at the border once we head back to UK?

Many thanks

Wendel

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Travel abroad query

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:04 am

wend73 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 am
Hi all,

I am planning to travel abroad in September with my new wife (she is a UK citizen and we got married 6 months ago). Two years ago I got my residence card/settled status (non-EU citizen, applied under EUSS scheme as a spouse of EU citizen) and got divorced a year after. My question is: Do I have to let Home Office know about the change in my circumstances (re-married) and will we have any issues at the border once we head back to UK?

Many thanks

Wendel
Nope, you're free to live your life anyway you like. No need to notify anyone.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Re: Travel abroad query

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:44 am

Do you have Settled Status or Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settled Status scheme?

The specific nature of the status held under that Scheme can be quite important.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.