ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is e-tax clearance certificate still needed for citizenship application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

police clearance certificate ?

Post by kingzz » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:38 pm

The guidance doc says "If you have been outside the jurisdicon longer than 6 months you will need police clearance from the country you were in", is this only required if I have a longer-than-6-month of residence outside of Ireland in the last 8 years AND the required 5-year of Irish residence is spread over in these 8 years ?

E.g: I have a full 7 years of residence in Ireland with no gaps, will I need any police certificates for all the countries that I've stayed more than 6 months before coming to Ireland during the e-vetting process ?

lxk
Ireland

Re: police clearance certificate ?

Post by lxk » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:17 pm

kingzz wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:38 pm
will I need any police certificates for all the countries that I've stayed more than 6 months before coming to Ireland during the e-vetting process ?
I have recently passed e-vetting and I'd lived in various countries for more than 6 months before coming to Ireland 14 years ago. I have not been asked for any police certificates.

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Post by kingzz » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:20 pm

lxk wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:17 pm
kingzz wrote:
will I need any police certificates for all the countries that I've stayed more than 6 months before coming to Ireland during the e-vetting process ?
I have recently passed e-vetting and I'd lived in various countries for more than 6 months before coming to Ireland 14 years ago. I have not been asked for any police certificates.
Great, thanks a lot for the reply !

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Post by kingzz » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:26 pm

lxk wrote:
kingzz wrote:
Sorry... if I may ask further : Are those " I'd lived in various countries for more than 6 months before coming to Ireland 14 years ago" happened AFTER you've turned to 18 years old ? coz they might not care what has happened before you were 18 :-) .

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:41 pm

kingzz wrote:
I'd say there's about 10 percent chance you'll need it - sometimes people pop up on this board mentioning they're asked to provide a PCC from whatever country they're from/lived in, but it's infrequent; I wouldn't bother unless explicitly asked.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Post by kingzz » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:55 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:41 pm
kingzz wrote:
I'd say there's about 10 percent chance you'll need it - sometimes people pop up on this board mentioning they're asked to provide a PCC from whatever country they're from/lived in, but it's infrequent; I wouldn't bother unless explicitly asked.
cool, thanks for the information.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:12 pm

kingzz wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:26 pm
lxk wrote:
kingzz wrote:
Sorry... if I may ask further : Are those " I'd lived in various countries for more than 6 months before coming to Ireland 14 years ago" happened AFTER you've turned to 18 years old ? coz they might not care what has happened before you were 18 :-) .
Yes, after 18 years old.

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Some questions regarding citizenship application

Post by kingzz » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:10 pm

Hello folks I have several questions regarding the citizenship application probably someone could help with:

1. I'd like to use "Utility bill" (my gas bill to be precise) as my Type B residence proof , anybody knows how many utility bill that I'd need per year ?
2. If I want to use "Rent agreement" , what is it exactly ? just the lease contract that I have with the landlord , or the RTB registration doc ? If it's the RTB doc , how can I provide it for each of the 5 years ?
3. The address on Form 8 where we are supposed to post the application is a POBox address, is it capable of receiving registered post ? (of course I'd like to post the application as registered post, if possible)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Vadrar91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Some questions regarding citizenship application

Post by Vadrar91 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:13 pm

1. In the absence of specification in the guidelines some people are submitting one utility bill for the year, but others who are more conservative are submitting 3 and ensuring they have the remaining 9 saved safely in case they are requested.
2. RTBs are issued annually now, and have always been requestable annually, so where applicants have them annually they are using that route. If you don’t have annual RTB copies I’d use utility bill or dated lease instead. Whatever you have to supply a document per year.
(Source - I volunteer in an immigrant centre. We are still waiting to get feedback on applications under this scheme to be more declarative on what works.)

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Post by kingzz » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:40 pm

Vadrar91 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:13 pm
1. In the absence of specification in the guidelines some people are submitting one utility bill for the year, but others who are more conservative are submitting 3 and ensuring they have the remaining 9 saved safely in case they are requested.
2. RTBs are issued annually now, and have always been requestable annually, so where applicants have them annually they are using that route. If you don’t have annual RTB copies I’d use utility bill or dated lease instead. Whatever you have to supply a document per year.
(Source - I volunteer in an immigrant centre. We are still waiting to get feedback on applications under this scheme to be more declarative on what works.)
Thanks for replying. I don't have annual RTB copies, it seems RTB only sent me doc randomly.. I received it when the tenancy was registered initially, and when the rent was increased, that's all. I'll probably just use my gas bills.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:16 am

About RTB you could apply for all your historical records under Freedom of Information Act and get them send you any letters they have under your name

Form here
https://www.rtb.ie/images/uploads/forms ... 282%29.pdf

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Is e-tax clearance certificate still needed for citizenship application?

Post by kingzz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:33 am

I can't seem to find anything related to the e-tax clearance certificate on the latest Form 8, also the "tara" chat bot on the immigration website says "We no longer ask you to send us a Tax Clearance Certificate, (TCC)." when I asked the question.

So... is it still required ? Or we better send it anyway ? :|

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Is e-tax clearance certificate still needed for citizenship application?

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:47 am

kingzz wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:33 am
I can't seem to find anything related to the e-tax clearance certificate on the latest Form 8, also the "tara" chat bot on the immigration website says "We no longer ask you to send us a Tax Clearance Certificate, (TCC)." when I asked the question.

So... is it still required ? Or we better send it anyway ? :|
Don’t send it. They specifically say do not send duplicative or additional material. It won’t speed your application up, it may slow it down.