ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Check requirements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amit0277

Immigration Check requirements

Post by amit0277 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:50 am

Hi,

I am planning to travel to UK on my Tier 1 visa. I am looking out for guidance from you on preparing for the Immigration check.

One of my friend who is a British citizen will be providing me accomodation till the time I find one. He will also be sending me the invitation letter. It would be great if you can help me will the following:

1. Invitation letter format
2. Do I need to show the funds I need for my stay in UK. How much fund is required and how should I show it? (Bank statement/Travelers cheque or cash)
3. What question does immigration officer ask during immigration check?

I would be highly obliged if you can help me asap.

Thanks
Amit

tester

Re: Immigration Check requirements

Post by tester » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Hey Amit,

for 1 --> i dont have a any specific letter format as such, but briefly the letter should state that your friend is happy to provide accommodation to you in his house and also mention the size of his house like (how many bed rooms etc) and that there is a spare room for you to use....you may want to wait for other to respond to your query and then decide

for 2 --> There is no requirement as such, as you would have already met your maintenance funds requirement...what i mean is that Imm Off simply needs to be satisfied that you do have cash to take care of your self once you land out of the airport, so if i were you i would probably get some TC's handly may be worth £1000 or less (it wouldnt harm to get them along hence do it) To bolster further, you can get the bank statements you used for your maintenance funds.

for 3 --> There is no list as such, but some that i have answered are

a. Nature of your visit --> you can say that you want to work here and have Tier1 approved by HO etc etc...

b. Where would you stay until you find a job --> have an address ready to show saying that you have already booked some hotel or relative or any other letters you might have.

c. How will you support until you get the job --> You can say that you have ensured your financial stability until you get a job here (if need be show the TC's, bank stmts, etc...)

Remember that the Immigration Officer has every right to stop you from entering from the UK, IF he is suspecious, so the key is to just be honest and cool.

All the best for your trip.
Raj