ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Visitor visa for in-laws while my Skilled worker visa extension in process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Memvj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sponsoring Visitor visa for in-laws while my Skilled worker visa extension in process

Post by Memvj » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:42 am

Hello , I would really appreciate if you can help addressing situation I have.
I have ILR status , my spouse is dependent on my visa. Her visa and BRP date is valid until Oct.2024.
I have submitted her visa extension application in advance in Jan -2024 and expected to be approved in next few weeks.

My questions ->
-> Can she sponsor her parents for visitor visa using the current visa/BRP before she get new visa/BRP as per the above mentioned new application?
-> Will it cause issue to her in process visa extension application if we submit in-laws visitor application in parallel?
-> Will it cause in-laws visitor visa application ? like possibility of rejection as showing current visa/BRP in supporting documents.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: Sponsoring Visitor visa for in-laws while my Skilled worker visa extension in process

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:00 am

Write a cover letter explaining the situation of your spouse and also include your own ILR copy. or if possible just wait until you her application is resolved.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Sponsoring Visitor visa for in-laws while my Skilled worker visa extension in process

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:40 am

Given your spouse has valid leave regardless until October 2024 applying early for an extension is not going to impact the decision about the visit visa. They are two separate routes involving different people and are not decided in tandem or necessarily linked.

Your wife has valid status in the U.K. until Oct 2024 and that is the only point that the ECO will consider when deciding her parents visit visa application. Yes the usual stuff like financial support for the visit, funds held etc will be considered but not the fact she is applying for an extension.

The single biggest obstacle for parents especially more elderly parents is their ties to their home country. Concentrate on meeting those factors as a greater concern.