ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TCS Workpermit to Tier1 switch Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TCSWP
Newly Registered

TCS Workpermit to Tier1 switch Query

Post by TCSWP » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi,

I am working in TCS on UK Workpermit in UK and it is going to expire this year.
I have applied for Tier1 visa after entering into the UK and i have got Tier1 visa till 2011.

My Query here is can i apply for tier 1 visa when i am on TCS workpermit?

I heard TCS has one rule that we should not apply for Permanent immigration or any other non-immigrant status when we are on TCS workpermit, is this true?

If we can apply for Tier1, then what will happen when my TCS WP expires.
If TCS wants to renew my WP, what will hapen? Can I still be valid to apply WP on top of tier1? or will the HR of TCS reject my passport?

Anyone who is working on TCS, please clear my queries....

Thanks!!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: TCS Workpermit to Tier1 switch Query

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:50 pm

I am not a TCS employee.. but

as soon as your got the Tier1 (G)?? visa approved in 2008, Tier1 will override your WP.. now ur WP is VOID... (guys please intervene if i am wrong...)

with Tier1(G) you want work with ur company similar to the way of WP but now u r more independent n free to jump and change jobs not stick to the company...

But in your case if ur HR keeps regurlar track of all u guys WP dates.. they may comeup and ask to send ur passports to renewal.. than u have to handle this carefully.. I will leave this query to be answered by guys in ur situation...

But changing over from Tier1 to WP which is now Tier2 (G) is not simple.. pls check Tier2 forum in this board for more info...
TCSWP wrote:Hi,

I have applied for Tier1 visa after entering into the UK and i have got Tier1 visa till 2011.

I heard TCS has one rule that we should not apply for Permanent immigration or any other non-immigrant status when we are on TCS workpermit, is this true?

If TCS wants to renew my WP, what will hapen? Can I still be valid to apply WP on top of tier1? or will the HR of TCS reject my passport?

Thanks!!

SAPIENT
BANNED

Post by SAPIENT » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:38 am

as per law.
your tcs work permit is no longer valid.
you are in uk on your tier 1

TCSWP wrote: If we can apply for Tier1, then what will happen when my TCS WP expires.
have you not applied for tier 1?
TCSWP wrote: If TCS wants to renew my WP, what will hapen? Can I still be valid to apply WP on top of tier1? or will the HR of TCS reject my passport?
you have to tell your employer about the tier 1 possession before they find out.

i am not aware of the tier 1 to work permit route.

TCSWP
Newly Registered

Post by TCSWP » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:02 am

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies....

I GOT Tier 1 VISA till 2011. But, I have not informed to my TCS HR till now.

Now, my only QUESTION is what will happen when my TCS WP expires? What should I do when TCS HR wants to renew my WP? I want to continue in TCS for severl REASONS.

If any TCS associate who have applied for Tier 1 VISA when they are on TCS WP working here in TCS-UK, please clarify my doubt......

Thanks!!!!

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Well, if you would like to continue in TCS then why did u apply for Tier 1 in the first instance?

ok If I were you, I would speak to my boss first and then tell HR the truth.
Why? - Because if they find out by themselves later, which they sure will one day - they might not be happy.

Tell them you have got Tier 1 (which you weren't aware is against the HR rules) BUT can guarentee that you still want to be in TCS for the reasons u mentioned. The reason why they are worried about employees getting Tier 1s is because they might leave TCS job - so address this.

Also, try to convince them y saying it solves their problem of arranging u WPs etc etc.

Worst case scenario - you might lose TCS job. They will for sure fire you when they find out on their own. so better come out with the trutch and try convincing them.

TCSWP
Newly Registered

Post by TCSWP » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi,
The obvious reason for applieg tier1 is to switch from TCS to other companies here.
But for now, the market situation is becoming worst and the TCS situation is becoming strong. So, as of now I want to continue with TCS for sometime.

So, My only fear is: Will TCS spot me and send me back to offshore if they know that I got tier1?

Anyone who had undergone this situation in TCS ... Please reply....

Just FYI: My TCS-WP is going to expire in this year and my tier1 is valid upto 2011.

I want to decide something before my TCS-WP expires.

Any TCSer here in this forum, please help with the infiormation???

Thanks....

chandnip

Post by chandnip » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks!!
Hi everyone,
I work for Tata Consultancy Services based in India. I got my Tier-1 stamped while I was on work permit in UK last year Nov. I was sent back to my base branch in India a few months back. My main problem now is that I want to go to UK (onsite deputation) but I am not sure if my company TCS would send me on an onsite deputation based on my HSMP/Tier 1. Also I am hesitant to ask my company HR reagrding this as I think it might effect my job as they were not informed of my visa change from work permit to Tier-1

If anyone out there was working for any Indian company like Infosys or TCS; Can you please share your experiences with me.

I know that TCS has got some tax savings if they send people to UK based on WP visa. Were anyone of you sent to UK by TCS after stamping Tier-1 or HSMP visa?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

bsbs

Question for Tier2

Post by bsbs » Wed May 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi,
My friend works for TCS and currently on deputation in UK (WP Visa). His plan was to chnage his status to Tier1 but now Tier1 is changed. He can't apply as they need Master now.

TCS doesn't keep any employee more than 2 years in UK. Now my question is what other options he can explore to live & work in UK. He is in IT.

Please someone reply me mentioning all different options he can explore.

Thanks in advance.