ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner Visa Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Tarastar73
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Partner Visa Application

Post by Tarastar73 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Dear Contributors,
Thanking you in advance

I will be sponsoring my husband ( a US citizen) for the partner visa.
I will be providing evidence of sufficient finances to support him .
We intend to return to the US together at end of June
We intend to apply via the 5 year route

1. can anyone kindly let me know whether we can submit the online application here in the UK and then have the interview in the US. This is just so we ensure we can get an appointment at one of the application support centres in good time.

2. Is there a maximum time between online submission of the form plus payment and the interview?

Thank you

Tarastar73
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Partner Visa Application- which application form?

Post by Tarastar73 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:22 pm

I'd appreciate some advice on which application form to fill in and where to access the application form

My husband is going to apply for a partner visa as the first step on the route to settlement ( 5 year route)
He is in the UK on a tourist visa and will return to the US at the end of June for a couple of months.
We intend to apply from outside of the UK
Despite looking and looking , I am none the wiser as to which application form to use and where to find this application form.

I would appreciate some advice
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Partner Visa Application- which application form?

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:23 am

Tarastar73 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:22 pm
I'd appreciate some advice on which application form to fill in and where to access the application form

My husband is going to apply for a partner visa as the first step on the route to settlement ( 5 year route)
He is in the UK on a tourist visa and will return to the US at the end of June for a couple of months.
We intend to apply from outside of the UK
Despite looking and looking , I am none the wiser as to which application form to use and where to find this application form.

I would appreciate some advice
Thanks
Via the link posted below and after the information regarding a spouse (partner) application, scroll down and you will find the online link to apply.

ttps://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Please note the following minimum income level you will need to meet for an application submitted after 11 April 2024:

"Anyone planning to make an application for a UK spouse, fiancé or partner visa should be aware that a significant change to the financial requirement will come into force on 11 April 2024. As previously explained, the UK government announced at the end of last year that the minimum income requirement would increase from £18,600 to £29,000."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Partner Visa Application

Post by Ticktack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 am

Tarastar73 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:46 pm
Dear Contributors,
Thanking you in advance

I will be sponsoring my husband ( a US citizen) for the partner visa.
I will be providing evidence of sufficient finances to support him .
We intend to return to the US together at end of June
We intend to apply via the 5 year route

1. can anyone kindly let me know whether we can submit the online application here in the UK and then have the interview in the US. This is just so we ensure we can get an appointment at one of the application support centres in good time. You can fill the online form from anywhere in the world. There is no interview required. He would need to have his biometrics taken in his country of origin/residence before it can be processed.

2. Is there a maximum time between online submission of the form plus payment and the interview? The form can only be submitted when you pay visa fees and NHS fees.

Thank you
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!